-10.5-

"Good news! We are going to the opera!" Mr. Harrington's announcement caused a synchronized amount of gasps, protests, and shouting to be delivered by the Midtown students all crammed in the lobby waiting room and ready to go to the Carnival of Lights. They all wore the brightest colours clothes they had packed and glow sticks around their heads, necks, and wrists that illuminated them for the biggest party in Prague. 

Sitting on a love seat in the lobby was Alex, Mary Jane, Michelle, and Jocelyn, two of the four of them dressed for the Carnival. Alex had her hair tied up in a messy cute bun with a neon red cropped tight shirt and black denim ripped shirts with multi-coloured glow sticks around her arms and a few connected to make a necklace. Mary Jane sat next to her, dressed in a cropped shiny neon purple tank top that glimmered in the lobby florescent lights. A few purple glow stick necklaces shone over her shirt and on her wrists with a white skirt covering her legs. Unlike the other two girls, Michelle just wore a basic black hoodie and dark wash jeans, not caring about her hair or appearance at all. Jocelyn sat on the other side of Mary Jnae, wearing a similar look to Michelle. Her hair was tied back in a messy bun, an oversized large midtown sweatshirt that covered her figure and shorts underneath, and her nose and cheeks were covered in blush making her appear sick.

"What happened to the carnival?" Michelle asked sitting on the arm of the couch.

Mr. Harrington let out a small scoff of disbelief. "This is upgrade living, guys." Mr. Harrington explained, glancing at Mr. Dell who looked just as disappointed as the students with a few glow-sticks on his wrist. "Come on, the tour company practically gave us these tickets. For free! Do you have any idea how much opera tickets cost?" He asked.

"No. Because none of us have ever wanted to go to the opera, ever." Flash replied bluntly.

Jocelyn crunched her nose and tugged on the sleeve to her sweatshirt, hiding her hands inside of them. Now, she was suddenly thankful she had a mission to do instead of joining her classmates. Though she thought it was strange on how their school was now going to attend an opera show instead of the party. Not knowing what the tour company (who was also known as Fury) had in mind.

"Uh, I think this is gonna be culturing enriching for us." Ned spoke up nervously.

All eyes turned to Ned in disbelief of his response. Jocelyn's eyes narrowed on Ned before her eyes fell past him, noticing the pleading look Peter was looking at him with. A lightbulb flashed in Jocelyn's mind, realizing who was actually behind the sudden change of events. No doubtedly as a response from Fury's response from earlier that evening.

"Thank you, Ned." Mr. Harrington smiled. "Everyone, this is gonna be, maybe, the best four hours of our whole trip." At this sentence, everyones attention turned back to Mr. Harrington standing in front of them.

"Four hours!?" Everyone shouted in unison.

Ned shook his head. "Guys, I think this is gonna be fun. Seriously." He smiled at them optimistically.

Mary Jane let out a sigh beside Jocelyn, Alex slumped back in the couch disappointed, and Michelle frown dropped further at the comment. "I can't believe the second time I die is going to be out of boredom from listening to some old-bat who sings like Bibble for four hours." Alex muttered annoyed, crossing her arms over her chest while glaring down at her shoes.

Jocelyn shot her an apologetic look, kindly giving her a sad smile. "Well, I definitely will not miss joining now." She croaked in the best sickened voice possible. Standing up from the arm of the chair, she turned to face her four friends while other classmates dismerge from the lobby to change into something appropriate for the formal event. "I'll make sure to bring roses to your funeral." She joked with a small smile.