- 28.0 -

"Spider-Menance! Governments across the world are launching an investigation into the murderer known as Spiderman. Aka, Peter Parker. Aka the web-headed war criminal who for years has been terrorizing the decent citizens of New York. His accomplice superhero partner, Aura, identity still remains a mystery. But government officials are busy tracking down her whereabouts to place her under custody and interrogation. One thing is for certain, the streets of New York is under more danger with Spiderman and Aura on them together. At least the world is finally seeing them for what they truly are; two faced vigilantes."

"New details from last months devastating attack in London has emerged. For more, we go to Joint Intelligence Headquarters. Where authorities have shown a while ago and confirmed that the deadly drones used in the London attack were designed by Stark industries and were under the command of Peter Parker during the attack. We have reached out to Mr. Stark for a comment but he has not replied."

The television shut off cutting the news report to an end making Jocelyn gasp in suspense. She quickly looked around the room for the remote. Only to find her father standing at the foot of the couch with a very disapproving look on his face. She was curled up on the couch in leggings and Peter's hoodie, anxiously watching the news and was letting the recent news headings get to her.  She hasn't left the couch since this morning and it is currently past evening, watching every news report in suspense of whether they figured out her identity or discovered Peter's innocence and the sight internally pained Dave to witness.

"Dad!" Jocelyn whined. "I was watching that!" She pouted, lamely attempting to get the remote back.

Dave frowned and crossed his arms sternly. Shaking his head, "Jocelyn, you haven't moved all day and dinner is almost ready." He declared ushering her up to help him set the table.

Jocelyn shook her head vigorously. "I don't have time. I need to go out and try to clear Peter's name as Aura." She shot up to her feet and walked in the direction of her room to be stopped by her dad's hand on her shoulder.

A sigh escaped Dave's lips. "Jocie, I think it's best if you wait this off. If you try to get more involved in the situation as Aura, the news will make connections between your identities. You are already all over the news for being Peter Parker's girlfriend. The only reason they haven't made the connection is from Michelle's photoshop skills of Aura saving your life. Don't push the situation." He stated.

Jocelyn narrowed her eyes. "He is my boyfriend dad. Whether you like it or not, Peter doesn't have to face this all alone. He would do the same for me if the roles were reversed." She huffed and shrugged past her dad towards her room stubbornly. This time, Dave didn't stop her knowing he couldn't. 

He stood alone in the living room in defeat uncertain of what to do. There was no parenting book out there that could solve this issue for him. This was something he would have to solve on his own. 

The past few days have been hard for the Evans family. Photo's of Jocelyn with Spiderman/Peter have been posted across the media making the family practically on lockdown to avoid any connections made between Spiderman or S.H.I.E.L.D to Jocelyn. Ellie has had to miss a few band practices and friend hangouts until this somewhat blown over and Dave has had to go on temporary leave as he couldn't afford to be recognized on television as a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent. That would blow his undercover status. This was a hard time for all of them but there was nothing they could do.

Jocelyn was struggling the most. With exams the following week, the media breathing down her neck, and Peter's identity exploited to the world, Jocelyn had enough going on in her life. At her age she should be stressing about acne, not having her face on every billboard in the world.