- 17.0 -

The sun was shining an orange hue brightly over Queens that morning. When Dave Evans opened up his bedroom door, the sun shone through the single window in the kitchen and illuminated an orange glow into the hallway. His feet padded along the grey carpet towards his daily cup of joe to wake him up. The grey hair on his head was a mess and his eyes were barely open from it being the crack of dawn, wanting to go back to bed but knew he needed to start his day with a quick run. But the thought of a warm cup of caffeine kept him persistent.

Turning around the corner, stepping out of the hallway and into the kitchen, he froze in the doorway. His eyes opened wider in shock seeing his eldest daughter sitting at the kitchen island in front of a bowl of cereal and orange juice. Jocelyn had her brown hair curled, half of it up in a bun and half down to rest past her shoulders. He saw the makeup on her face and pink lip stick on her lips. Dave also noticed how she wore the navy tee-shirt dress she wore at the parent-teacher interview that was too formal for a lazy-day.

"What are you doing up so early?" Dave glanced at the clock on the microwave, noticing it was just past eight in the morning. 

Jocelyn glanced up from her bowl of cereal after taking another spoonful of the sugary goodness. She gulped down the bite and smiled widely. "Peter is picking me up soon." She explained scooping her spoon back in the bowl.

Dave narrowed his eyes and walked over to grab the coffee pot to brew a new pot. But he noticed a new pot was already made ready, beside his World's Best Dad mug. Curiously, he glanced back at Jocelyn for an explanation but she was already grinning ear to ear. Her lips were pursed, glancing between her dad and the coffee she made specifically for him.

"I was hoping you could extend my curfew tonight to ten?" She asked hopeful, fiddling with the end of her spoon nervously with her thumb. Ever since her grounding ended a few days ago, Jocelyn was rarely home from spending all of her time with her friends. But more specifically, a brown haired boy who adored Star Wars as much as he adored Aura. "A few of us were going to have a game night." She added on.

Dave hummed. "I see. Will Peter be there?" He asked, pouring the pot of coffee into his mug.

"Yes. But so will Michelle, Mary Jane, Alex, Ned, and Lucas." She explained eagerly, staring at the back of her dad's head hoping he would agree.

Dave sighed and Jocelyn couldn't tell if that was a good or bad thing. "We leave tomorrow morning for your Decathlon trip. I don't want you out any later than eight." He explained gruffly keeping his back to his daughter.

Jocelyn's mouth fell open in shock but her eyes narrowed in anger. There was no doubt that Dave Evans was no fan of Peter Parker. He witnessed all the pain Peter put Jocelyn through and a father never forgets something like that. Dave knows that Jocelyn forgave the boy but he never will. In Dave Evan's eyes, Lucas Davis was the better choice. He was always there for Jocelyn and never hurt her. But he doesn't know the full truth.

Peter Parker saved Jocelyn more than Lucas ever did. But Dave was too blinded by Peter's past mistakes to notice it.

"But Dad!" Jocelyn whined, her lips pursing into a pout.

"My answer is no, Jocelyn. You haven't even finished packing yet." He turned around and leaned back on the counter bringing his mug to his lips to take a sip.

Jocelyn huffed and leaned back in her stood, dropping the spoon into the bowl to cross her arms in defeat. She wanted to defend herself but he wasn't wrong. She barely started packing but knew she would get to it later. Whenever that might be.

A soft knock at their front door was heard and Dave watched his daughter immediately light up. Any sign of anger was replaced by pure happiness. A genuine excited smile took over her lips and her posture straightened, knowing who was standing behind the door. His eyes followed her as she jumped off the barstool and raced out of the kitchen to the front door.