- 33.5 -

In all her life, Jocelyn never thought she would be working in Midtown's laboratory alongside her dead mother and other dimensional selves on devices to defeat multiversal villains. It took Jocelyn a while to comprehend. Especially when her mom was talking to Peter about tightening the internal wiring system to avoid any faulty wiring.

Which was a lot weirder than one might think. Or at least, it was to Jocelyn.

A lot has happened in the past twenty-four hours that Jocelyn was still struggling to comprehend. The last few random series of events have made the past day feel like a dream. But the numerous hugs and jokes exchanged between herself and the others reminded her this was reality. 

A reality where her dead mother is alive. 

A crazy but the real truth about this world that even the impossible was possible.

Jocelyn found it hard to understand everything. She felt like her mind was running a million miles an hour regardless the confident front she was faking. Her uneasiness was apparently noticeable when the eldest Jocelyn approached her asking if she was alright. 

To her luck, the other Jocelyn's were all feeling the same way. Seems like in whatever universe, Jocelyn still has the same overthinking habits.

To clear up any hesitation and confusion, the Jocelyns' began sharing their stories to try and get some familiarity. Mainly questions like how they got their powers, their family dynamic, and their relationship with Peter Parker.

"Wait, so you and Peter aren't dating?" Younger Jocelyn asked her older self leaning against the metal desk with her mouth parted in shock.

The eldest Jocelyn smiled and shook her head fondly as she worked on the device in her hand. She licked her lips as she tightened a screw anxious to not mess up. "Nope. I mean, we are best friends and I am happily dating the love of my life and he is dating the love of his life, but it isn't another. Peter is practically my brother so it creeps me out just thinking about being anything other than his friend." She laughed awkwardly and her Peter hummed in agreement from a nearby table.

Younger Jocelyn sighed and glanced at the other Jocelyn across the table she was leaning on. The woman was busy teasing her boyfriend and his habit on biting his cheek when focusing on a task to notice the conversation around her. "Then what about you?" She asked. "Are you two dating?"

The girl looked up from her device and her boyfriend, smiling softly at the memories of their relationship. "Happily together since sophomore year." She beamed.

"And barely any fights." Peter muttered in pride while tweaking away at the device on the table.

"Somehow." His girlfriend mumbled and Peter shot her a small smirk.

Younger-Jocelyn nodded along and glanced back to her device that was almost done. She smiled faintly down at it, biting back a grin from how touched she was that her and Peter were soulmates in every universe. Whether that was platonic or romantic, they always found their way to another. 

"Here-" Her mom's slid into the stool beside Jocelyn, interrupting her thoughts. She placed the screwdriver in front of her and Jocelyn pursed her lips together uncertain of why her mom brought it over. She glanced up at her mom in confusion when Melissa smiled, "Seems you forgot to add a piece." She held up the base pallet of the device between them and Jocelyn smiled, realizing she forgot the most important piece.

Jocelyn took the piece and slouched over the table to screw in the base to the device, and her mom watched fondly beside her.  Though both girls were clueless to the spare gazes on them from across the room. Melissa hovered over Jocelyn's shoulder and implemented a few comments every so often of what she should fix but never being overbearing.