- 26.5 -

(Cigarette Daydreams - Cage the Elephant)

"Your dad officially hates me." Peter moped beside Jocelyn. A frown was prominent on his lips as he kept glancing over at Mr. Evans standing beside Tony Stark next to the expensive barbecue with a beer in his hands and a tong in the other.

Jocelyn looked up from Morgan with confusion. The two girls were playing battleship on a chopped log when Peter rushed over to the two girls to interrupt their game. "He doesn't hate you." Jocelyn assured him, looking back at her board to place a white marker on her board trying to determine her next call. "He just is protective." She explained matter-of-factly.

Peter gulped watching Mr. Evans converse with Mr. Stark on the other side of the property, laughing at something the billionaire said. "A-Are you sure...? Because he keeps giving me a snarl." Peter announced.

Jocelyn glanced over her shoulder towards her dad seeing him laughing with Mr. Stark. Almost as if he detected the teens stare, Dave glanced at Peter and Jocelyn flashing them a wide smile and small wave before turning back to the grill. Jocelyn giggled when Peter gasped.

"See!" Peter practically shouted at his girlfriend, looking down at her with a pout. "He hates me!"

"Peter, it is all in your head." Jocelyn turned back to her board game and studied her board trying to find Morgan's other three ships. "He doesn't hate you."

"Boys are stupid." Morgan giggled.

Jocelyn smirked and nodded in agreement. "I agree. Now, B15." She told Morgan.

The girl smiled widely and shook her head, docking the shot with a white peg. "Miss!"

Jocelyn groaned and Peter shot his girlfriend a glare from her previous comment. "I can't believe my own girlfriend is going against me." He pouted down at her.

Jocelyn smirked up at him. "Just bringing you back to reality, babe." She winked teasingly.

Peter narrowed his eyes on her with a frown on his lips. His gaze flickered to her board noticing Morgan was one ship away from winning. "Hey Morgan," Peter spoke up with his eyes trained on Jocelyn and Morgan perked up hearing her name. "Try G2." As Peter's smirk grew, Jocelyn's fell into disbelief. 

"You cheater!" Jocelyn gasped.

"Just bringing you back to reality, babe." Peter smirked at the teenager.

"I am gonna kill you." Jocelyn muttered under her breath.

"Woah, woah, woah, no death threats around the child." A new voice interrupted the two teens. Jocelyn looked over her shoulder to see Sam Wilson walking towards them with a wide smile on his face. Alike everyone else here, Sam was wearing casual clothes differing from his usual attire. He wore an olive green collared shirt and jeans being very different from his typical white, blue, and red suit. Next to Sam was James Barnes or better known as, Bucky. He was wearing a black t-shirt showing off his mechanical arm and denim jeans with his casual scold.

The two Avengers looked like typical middle-aged men. Well, it if wasn't for Bucky's mechanical arm.

"Uncle Bucky!" Morgan beamed at the sight of the man with one arm.

Bucky smiled softly at the innocent girl. "Hey, darling." He knelt down to her level as she rushed over to him to engulf him in a hug.

Peter smiled at the two before extending a hand down to help Jocelyn off the ground. With Peter's help, Jocelyn got pulled up from the ground and dusted herself off with her hand still intertwined in Peter's.