-7.0-

Italy is a beautiful country. Canals flow through the cities, linking to one another and gondolas were the most popular transportation. The buildings were old yet beautiful that matched the aesthetic look throughout the towns. People waved at the gondolas as they past with a kind smile. Their kindness reflected the beauty of the country further, becoming the perfect destination for a vacation.

Peaking over the side of the gondola, Jocelyn saw her reflection in the streams of water. The water streamed past as the Midtown students rode in the gondola to their hotel. A smile was painted on Jocelyn's lips, present ever since she stepped off the plane. The smell of local bakeries and nature warmed Jocelyn up, if it wasn't for the beaming sunlight. Her image reflected on the water was hazy but she could see her excitement easily.

A click of a camera caught her attention, glancing beside her where Alex was grinning at her camera in her hands. "Adorable as always." Alex mused, covering the camera with a hand to give shade in order to examine the photo taken.

Jocelyn laughed as Alex took another photo of her. Hearing the sound, Peter glanced back from his spot near the front of the gondola. Seeing Jocelyn genuinely happy raised his lips into a smile, exhaling softly at the sight in front of him. The sun shone perfectly upon Jocelyn and in his eyes, she never looked so perfect while posing for Alex who was snapping multiple photos. She was in her element and Peter loved seeing her so relaxed.

Sitting a few places behind Peter sat Lucas, who noticed immediately Peter's face lighten when hearing Jocelyn's melodic giggles. He to heard her laugh but before he could glance back, Peter practically lit up in front of him. Clearing his throat harshly to match the glare, Peter's face and smile fell upon Lucas.

"Stop staring at my girlfriend, Parker." Lucas hissed out quietly. The only few who heard Lucas comment sat around him, only consisting of Ned and Flash. Flash chuckled coldly and Ned pretended not to hear continuing to watch the buildings passing by while Betty rambled on while pointing out what shops she wanted to visit.

Peter turned his head away back to the water hoping to hide his anger, frustration, and shyness all together. 

The gondola ride wasn't much longer though. Jocelyn grabbed Alex's camera and began taking photos of her pretending to hold up some buildings, pursing her lips together while crossing her eyes, and smiling with her eyes closed. The two girls had a mini photo shoot which Michelle and Mary Jane joined in at some point.

"Looks like we're here." Mr. Harrington spoke aloud. Jocelyn had her arms around Michelle and Mary Jane smiling widely for the camera when Mr. Harrington spoke up. The shadows of the buildings casted over her and she glanced up to the hotel, her smile falling slightly. This hotel was no five-star like she was expecting but it would be manageable. "They're doing some renovations to the place. Getting some upgrades." He tried to explain the poor hotel state.

"This place looks like garbage." Alex bluntly admitted, lowering her camera to her lap.

"I think a garbage dump would be better than this place." Michelle muttered, watching one of the letters on the HOTEL sign swing from a wire. The gondola stopped moving, stopping in front of the relic hotel and one-by-one students began moving off all with judgemental looks at their home for the next few nights.

Jocelyn rose to her seat and slid her backpack on that was previously sitting between her feet. "Come on, guys. This is an adventure! Plus, we're barely going to be in the hotel from how much we're going to be doing!" Jocelyn stated optimistically, grabbing her other bag and stepping off the boat with a help of a local man. The three other girls groaned unsure how Jocelyn could possibly see anything optimistic about this place when it looked worse than most of Queens.