- 33.0 -

Aunt May is dead.

Those thoughts rang though Peter's mind as he sat on top of apartment rooftop downtown in his Spiderman suit in sorrow. The iconic red and black mask laid mockingly at his feet reminding him of the hero who failed to save his aunt less than an hour ago. Tears stung his eyes and stained his cheeks as flashbacks of that evening swarmed in his mind. The smell of rain filled the air from the after mass of the rainstorm that covered Queens moments ago. His suit was wet and clung to his figure and his hair was damp clinging to his face but his cheeks were covered by primarily tears instead rain. He stared at a puddle while mourning the loss of his Aunt May.

How could he let this happen? How could he get his Aunt May involved with such dangerous criminals? How could he let that bomb slip out of his grasp? . . .How could he let this happen?

Swarms of guilt and regretful thoughts filled his mind: how could he have been so fooled by those villains?  It was his fault Aunt May has died. Because he failed to be the superhero he has tried so hard to become. 

His lip trembled as he choked back a sob and drew his face further into his knees in. He held his knees tightly to his chest and cried in despair. Aunt May was innocent. She never did anything bad in her life and always been so selfless towards others. She didn't deserve this. Why did it have to be her?

All he could think about was how naive he was to the Green Goblin's intentions. He fell right into his trap and invited him into his home innocently. He, May, and Melissa were all fooled by his intentions and his naivety resulted in his Aunt May's death. This was his fault.

"Oh, Peter." A comforting sigh was heard and arms wrapped around Peter's crying figure. He didn't have to look up to know who it was. Instead, he sobbed harder in her shoulder and wrapped his arms tightly around the figure for help. The typical calming fragrance that usually made his heart stop just made him fall apart harder in despair realizing he lost his last family he had left.

"S-She's...dead." He sobbed out in misery and held the figure tightly to his chest.

"I'm here." Jocelyn reassured and rubbed his back soothingly fighting back her own tears that pricked her eyes.

Almost half an hour ago, Jocelyn and her friends made a quick plan at Ned's house to go find Peter and stop the villains. Gwen explained that the entire police force was currently searching for Peter and it didn't look good for him and they needed to hurry. Which got Jocelyn to think quickly of where Peter would go that is isolated and is unknown to everyone. Everyone except her. A place that has meaning to him; a place he would go to get away from everything. 

Immediately she knew where to go and told everyone the address on the way out the door. Her friends didn't ask questions and the Spiderman's/Aura's were a bit alarmed by the sudden rush but knew they had to help a fellow Spiderman. They all rushed out of Ned's house and piled into cars except for the superheroes who took off through the sky in their iconic suits.

It has been a while since Peter and Jocelyn met on their rooftop since they've been dating. They no longer had to meet there to interact with another; now they just express their thoughts through texting. But the rooftop symbolized so much for their relationship. This is where Spiderman and Aura would meet every Sunday to talk about their lives, shared their first kiss and heartbreak of their relationship, and where they both fell madly in love with another. This is Peter and Jocelyn's comfort place and the place Peter knew he would be alone.

And she was right.

Peter was curled up in sorrow when they arrived and Jocelyn was quick to rush to her boyfriends side. One by one, all of her friends followed Jocelyn over to join the hug. First it was Ned, then Mary Jane, followed by Michelle and Alex, lastly was Gwen and Harry. They all felt pity and sympathy for their friend who lost their relative and felt grief themselves of how Aunt May was indirectly present in their lives.