-7.5-

"Say cheese!" Alex shouted loudly earning some glares from other passing tourists. Mary Jane and Jocelyn squeezed closer together while holding up hand-made masks to their faces, grinning like idiots while Alex snapped a photo of the moment. The girls giggled when they glanced at another realizing how ridiculous they look.

Alex smiled and lowered the camera to examine the photo taken. Jocelyn and Mary Jane set their masks back on the stand behind them, moving along to the next one with Alex stumbling along behind them. Mr. Harrington and Mr. Dell led the students to the heart of Monte Carlo were small shops and stands filled the streets and courtyards. It was beautiful to experience firsthand and Alex was sure to snap hundreds of photos every minute, not wanting to miss a thing.

Mary Jane stopped at a jewelry stand and was fascinated by a golden bracelet. She mumbled something about Flash before she ran off, leaving Alex and Jocelyn. Jocelyn chuckled watching her friend run off and stopped walking to glance back to Alex. The red-head bumped into Jocelyn from having her head down and walking so closely.

Alex stumbled back and gave a weak smile. Her eyes searched around Jocelyn, "Where did Mary Jane go?" She asked letting the camera fall against her neck hanging by its strap.

Jocelyn shrugged glancing at the next stand over which was selling hats. "To find Flash, I think." She stated. Alex let out a small hum and stepped up next to Jocelyn to glance at the hats. 

"Are you going to get one?" Alex nodded towards the hat that Jocelyn was holding. It was a floppy hat but was obviously too big for her petite head. 

Jocelyn shook her head and sat the hat down, flashing a smile at the owner before moving along. "Hat's aren't my thing." Jocelyn explained while Alex walked next to her.

Alex's lips raised into a small grin. "Is Parker your 'thing'?" She asked teasingly.

Jocelyn whipped her head to Alex, narrowing her eyes annoyed. "Peter's my friend." She defended.

Alex stared ahead with a grin. "A friend who is madly in love with you." She bluntly explained. Jocelyn felt her heart stop and she momentarily forgot how to breath. Sure Peter and her have kissed before, twice actually. But love? Now that was a word she was not expecting.

Jocelyn shook her head and felt her cheeks heating up. "I-it's complicated." Jocelyn muttered looking down at the stoned path before them.

Alex chuckled and glanced at Jocelyn, her smile growing. "It always is when it comes to boys." She admits. Alex glanced back ahead and stopped in her spot which Jocelyn stopped along beside her. "There he is, why don't you just go talk to him?" Alex nodded ahead to where Peter was walking away from them staring down at something in his hands.

Jocelyn glanced up to see the blue flannel, brunette boy walk away from them. She shook her head slightly staring across the courtyard. "I shouldn't..." She admits, seeing Lucas in her peripheral vision looking at some sunglasses with Brad and sharing a few laughs.

Alex rolled her eyes and crossed her arms stubbornly over her chest. "He's your friend, right?" She questioned. Jocelyn glanced at her and gave a subtle nod. "Then I don't see the problem. Nothing is wrong with talking with a friend and no one should make you feel like it is." She narrowed her eyes, daring Jocelyn to disagree.

Jocelyn exhaled and glanced back at Peter. She knew Alex was right, like usual. There is nothing wrong with talking with a friend. "Okay," She sighed. "I'll find you later." Jocelyn glanced back at Alex with a faint smile. Alex, however, was beaming at her decision.

She took a brief moment to build her confidence and begun walking with her head held high towards Peter when she stopped doubting herself. From the crowd brushing past her and Peter slowly vanishing, she broke into a light jogging to catch up to him. She weaved through the crowd trying to catch up to him.