- 29.0 -

It has been two days since Jocelyn was arrested which was also the last time Jocelyn stepped foot outside of her apartment. Due to the lack of evidence to link her and Aura together, she was shortly freed right after the rest of her friends. Mary Jane seemed anxious to now be in the police system and Michelle had numerous theories of how the government is stealing their identities. Which didn't help Mary Jane's fears.

But to avoid any further connection between herself and Aura, Jocelyn has remained indoors and has been studying nonstop for her exams beginning tomorrow. The only contact she has of her friends is through her phone. From the many texts and FaceTimes' shared in the past two days, Jocelyn knows she isn't the only one on house arrest. 

There were too many articles linking together Peter and their friends. Ned was the first one to get noticed in public a few hours after they got released from custody. He stopped at a local sandwich shop with his Lola only to be stopped at the door by a group of anti-hero strangers, bombarding him with dozens of questions and his involvement with the crimes linked to Spiderman. After the rest of the parents and guardians of the group of friends heard to what happened to Ned, they all mutually agreed to keep their child inside until everything blew off.

Peter has been apologizing profoundly since he heard of the verbal attack that occurred to Ned. Although each of the friends reassured him numerous times that this wasn't his fault, he would brush off their comment and always respond with-

"But this wouldn't have happened if you didn't know me." Peter sighed through the phone speaker visibly distraught.

Jocelyn was curled up in bed in her bedroom dressed in her pyjamas and hair tied up in a messy bun while FaceTiming her boyfriend on her phone. A pillow was tucked under her chin she laid on her stomach with the phone illuminating her face in the pitch black. Her eyes stared at her boyfriends face through the small silver screen who was curled up in his own bed and ranting about his recent thoughts. His brown curls were a mess from the hand consistently running through his hair and tugging at the ends anxiously. His usual cheerful brown eyes were filled with this newfound sorrow and guilt that tugged at Jocelyn heartstrings.

She was frowning deeply from the pain and mental torture Peter was opening up to her. He was speaking about how Michelle was messaged on social media from students at Midtown and violated her DM's so badly she had to deactivate her account for the time being. Peter was overbearing a ton of guilt from the numerous events that occurred in the past few days against his friends and family, and he was refusing to let anyone take fault for it besides himself. 

"No, Pete." Jocelyn's voice slightly muffled by the pillow squishing against the side of her face. But her irritation was present in her eyes. "None of this is your fault." She muttered sternly.

Peter frowned. "But, Jocie-"

"We do not regret being your friend, Peter. I regret nothing. In fact, if we were given a chance to go back and time to not fight Beck again on that bridge, I wouldn't change a thing. " Jocelyn stated bluntly.

Peter's expression slowly changed from distressed to comfort. He stared lovingly at the screen and a smile tugged at his lips, turning on his side to show off his adorable dimples. "R-Really...?" He questioned quietly having the phone so close to his dorky face that Jocelyn saw the blush form on his cheeks.

"Yeah, really." Jocelyn teased with a small smirk and rolled on her back to hold her phone up, enlightening Peter a better angle of her face. "I've told you in the past and I will tell you again. We are a team, Peter. I will never stop fighting beside you. I will never stop being your partner."

Peter smiled. "Thanks Jocie."

Jocelyn smiled widely up at the screen. "Speaking of princesses," Jocelyn's voice zoned out. "Did you hear that Flash is going around school saying he is your best friend?" She questioned with a small giggle.