- 27.5 -

"Are you Spiderman's girlfriend?"

"Are you a villain too?"

"How do you know Spiderman?"

A crowd swarmed Jocelyn throwing questions at her aggressively and facing phone cameras in her face the second the news report ended. Jocelyn spun around from the large screen to find all eyes on her, many gazes angry and others were confused but all wanting answers. A lump formed in her throat glancing between the strangers enclosing in on her all awaiting on a comment uncertain how to respond. Her heart rate quickened anxiously, her face paled, and her mouth went dry that made her grimaced when she swallowed thickly, gazing around the crowd for some escape.

"I-uh..." Jocelyn muttered trying to come up with an excuse. But before she could, a man grabbed Jocelyn's arm and spun her around to face him making her gasp at the unwanted touch as the man asked numerous more aggressive questions.

"Woah, hey, woah, woah, woah, please don't touch her!" Spiderman was quick to jump down from the lamppost and pushed through the crowd when noticing a stranger place his hands on Jocelyn. He pulled the man's grasp from Jocelyn's arm and pushed her behind him, separating her and the crowd. Jocelyn let out a sigh she wasn't aware she was holding in. She peered at Peter in gratitude but the man that previously grabbed Jocelyn was scolding angrily at him. 

"You're just a kid!" Someone yelled.

"You murdered Mysterio!?" Another shouted.

"N-No, I-" Peter tried to explain waving his hands in the air. He glanced around the angry mob desperately. "Look, I-" 

"Come on, kid!" A woman stepped forward and pushed Peter back. Not hard but enough to make him take a few steps back. But the act made Jocelyn furious seeing someone place their hands on her boyfriend. Without thinking, she pushed herself back in front of Peter to face the woman and angry crowd.

"Woah, woah, woah!" Jocelyn stretched hands out in front of her keeping the woman back with a harsh gaze. "There isn't need for any aggression here!" She warmed the woman, whom retaliated the angry gaze back to the teenager.

The woman took another step forward to respond visibly angry but Spiderman stepped in front of Jocelyn, pushing the woman back from them both. He went to pass the woman and grab Jocelyn's waist in the process, dragging her out of the angry mob as dozens of more questions and shouts were thrown their way. Jocelyn was quick to match Peter's pace before he tugged her closer and shot a web out onto a skyscraper, swinging them up in the air.

"Oh, shit." Jocelyn squealed as her stomach was launched up in her chest as Peter swung them from building to building away from the angry mob and trying to get out of the publics view. But the feeling of swinging was still unfamiliar to Jocelyn and made her queasy, along with the fact that everyone knew Spiderman's identity now. Both together made her want to pass out, hurl, or scream. Or all the above.

"Jocelyn, I am so sorry!" Peter shouted over the wind as they swung down the main street of Queens. 

"I-It's okay, okay. But, w-where are we going to go?!" Jocelyn's voice muffled over the wind and her face lodged in Peter's shoulder. Although her eyes were pierced shut, she could still hear the shouts of pedestrians and flash of cameras reminder her that the nightmare was also reality.

"I don't know. Your house?" Peter asked loudly while swinging around the corner to Jocelyn's street.

Jocelyn's eyes shot open and her head snapped back. "What!? No, not my house. My dad will kill you!" She argued.

"What!? I thought your dad was starting to like me!?" Peter shouted back.

"Do you really want to face my dad after you show up at his doorstep with his daughter and identity on ever billboard in the world!?" Jocelyn argued.