- 19.0 -

Monday
(Brown Eyed Girl - Van Morrison)

The first day has an exciting schedule ahead. The students were all awake and ready before Mr. Harrington's watch alarm went off. But by the time he was up, the sound of laughter and talking was heard around the fire. He was stunned when he stepped out of his tent to see all the students awake and ready for the day at the lake, waiting for him.

A few of the students took it upon themselves to start breakfast, including Abe and Lucas. The boys prepared bacon and eggs over the fire while a few others handed out granola bars to the starving students to snack on while breakfast was being prepared. Mr. Harrington was impressed by their initiative.

Jocelyn was sitting on a log stump in front of Michelle snacking on some bacon strips in her hands. Michelle's delicate fingers wove through her hair, twisting it into a french braid to sit behind her back. Her red swimsuit was hidden under a Midtown sweatshirt and a pair of denim shorts.

"You're doing it again." Michelle muttered under her breath, tugging her hair back closer towards her.

Jocelyn flinched and hissed from the action, giving a glare through her side-eye. "What? I'm not doing anything." Jocelyn bit down on her bacon strip, annoyed and munched away on the greasy treat.

Michelle rolled her eyes with a grin on her lips, her gaze stained on the back of Jocelyn's head. "So, you're denying that you are staring at Parker across the campground like a piece of meat?" She asked.

Jocelyn, whose eyes were staring at Peter across the campground, inhaled sharply from the accusation and began coughing. Her cheeks flushed hearing Michelle burst out laughing behind her, causing a few students to look their way. Jocelyn dropped her gaze to her hands twiddling the bacon strip.

"I-I wasn't..." She attempted to deny it.

But she obviously was. How could she not? Peter was wearing his navy blue swim trunks and a white t-shirt that hugged his arms perfectly. The way his brown curls were extra messy today and his eyes would wrinkle whenever Ned would say a joke made Jocelyn's heart skip a beat. He was absolutely perfect but he didn't even realize it.

"Sure and I am not obsessed with conspiracy theories." Michelle joked.

Jocelyn exhaled deeply and glanced back up at Peter. Her cheeks reddened seeing him looking in her direction. When her eyes met his, his grin widened focusing just on her across the campsite. Ned was beside him talking but he didn't seem like he was listening, too focused on the brunette beauty staring at him.

"God, can you please not eye-fuck him when I am right here?" Michelle gagged, tugging on her hair a bit tighter trying to get her to snap out of her mesmerized state.

Jocelyn let out a squeak in pain, tearing her eyes from Peter to shoot a glare at Michelle. "I wasn't eye-fucking anyone." Jocelyn hissed out.

"Denial isn't a good look on you, Jocie."

"Shut up."

The girls quickly finished braiding another's hair and eating breakfast before the crowd of students all grabbed their stuff and headed down to the lake. The lake was filled with families along the beach. People were either sunbathing, playing a volleyball game, swimming, or building sandcastles. Mr. Harrington led the group further down the beach where it was less busy and set their stuff out near the end of the beach. He quickly took attendance while everyone was unpacking their bags. The students were too busy chatting in excitement and kept missing their names that made attendance take a lot longer than they wanted.