- 32.0 -

The sun was peering through her lilac curtains and a small breeze flew through the adjacent window to strike Jocelyn's sleeping face. A bit of drool escaped the corner of her mouth and dried sleep was creviced in the corner of her closed eyes. The stunning beauty of the dawn horizon was a contrast to Jocelyn's outstretched sleeping self. Her body was spread out like a starfish in her oversized t-shirt and spandex shorts that were both wrinkled from her consistent tossing and turning throughout the night. She looked like she survived a tornado.

A sudden bang was heard at the front door and startled Jocelyn awake with a jolt. Her body shot upright, her eyes searched her room for the intruder, and her palm was illuminated as a defensive mechanism. Her previous innocent sleeping self was now prepared for any attack. When she finally gained consciousness and realization that there was no intruder in her house or no one was answering the door, she let out a large yawn and uninitiated her powers. Feeling her heart rate decrease to its normal pace.

Tossing the blankets off her, she jumped down onto the floor and ran a hand through her messy locks. She headed to her bedroom door and opened it making the banging at the front door sound a lot louder than before. It was obvious her dad or Ellie wasn't home. Since both would  have been yelling at the guest for their rude behaviour at such an early time in the morning.

Jocelyn rolled her eyes as the banging only continued and walked through the apartment towards the front door. She jogged the rest of the way and swung the door open to be met by two friendly and relieved faces.

"It is about time! I was starting to think you died!" Gwen exasperated with relief, dramatically placing a hand over her heart.

"What she means to say is-" Harry gave his girlfriend a brief side glance, who rolled her eyes at the subtle attack. "Can we come in? We brought muffins." He held up a plastic bag in his hands and gave a toothy smile glancing at the exhausted teenager in front of him.

Jocelyn yawned and nodded too tired to ask questions about their uninvited visit. She opened the door wider and walked off inside her house towards the kitchen, leaving her two guests to close the door behind them. By the time Gwen and Harry entered the kitchen with their shoes and coats off at the door, Jocelyn had a few plates set out on the counter and the kettle brewing beside three mugs with green tea bags set inside of them. 

"So, what brings you both over so early?" Jocelyn yawned turning around to face her guests. She leaned back against the counter and rubbed her tired eyes of the dried sleep, wishing for either a nap or caffeine.

Gwen raised an eyebrow. "Early? It's eleven in the morning." She stated standing across from Jocelyn and said girl glanced at the clock on the stove to realize she was right. 

Seems like fighting villains all night can really tire a girl out.

"Why are you so tired?" Harry asked setting the muffins on the counter and placing one on each of the plates Jocelyn set out. "Does this have anything to do with capturing the criminals from other universe?" He glanced at Jocelyn with a raised eyebrow.

Jocelyn sighed tiredly. "So that's why you're here." She mumbled to herself. "But yes, actually." The kettle dinged behind her and she pushed herself off the counter to pour some water in each mug. "Peter and I caught two new multi-universe men yesterday in the forest. But neither of them were who Peter saw on the bridge a few days ago. So we have to go out today to track him down." Jocelyn placed the kettle down and handed both of her guests a filled mug.

Gwen took the mug with a thankful smile. "That's what Mary Jane told us yesterday." Gwen glanced at Harry. "We both thought you guys were pulling a prank until we saw the news." She glanced back at Jocelyn with a nervous laugh. "I can't believe the multiverse exists."