- 20.0 -

- Tuesday -
(She's Electric - Oasis)

The second day was so far as good as the first. Mr. Harrington made sure he was up before the students and prepared a proper breakfast for the students using the supplies from the school. Each student was extra excited for today. Today was the scavenger hunt. 

Although it was cloudy unlike yesterday, the summers heat was still present. Each student dressed accordingly not knowing what this would involve. Whether it was swimming, hiking, or running, they were ready. But soon, everyone was crowded around the empty fireplace to be given instructions. The conversation from the students were extra excited, from the rumour that the winning team gets a prize.

Mr. Harrington walked up to the group with a paper in his hands. He was eager but anxious for this activity knowing it could either go really well or horribly wrong. But for the sake of his employment, he was hoping nothing would go wrong.

"Alright, everyone settle down!" He shouted, calming down the students excited conversations. Once the group of students fell silent, he continued speaking. "Okay, so for today's activity, we will be breaking into teams-"

"I want Jocelyn on my team!" Alex shouted, knowing that having a superhero on her team would be a clear advantage.

Mr. Harrington sighed. "I already made the teams and there won't be any changes aloud." He glared at Alex and she slumped in her seat. Jocelyn giggled and patted her shoulder from the small attempt. "As I was saying," All attention fell back on Mr. Harrington. "We will be breaking into teams of four. Each team will be given a walkie-talkie to contact me by if there is any emergencies. You all have until sunset to finish the task but it shouldn't take any longer than an hour to complete. Once you have been split into teams, each team will have a walkie-talkie and the first clue to their task. There are three tasks overall, none are too complex or risky. If something seems dangerous, it is not apart of the scavenger hunt. Understand?"

All of the students mumbled agreements.

"Great! In order to encourage you all do this before sunset, and save me from filling out paperwork, I have decided that the last team to arrive at the final destination has to do tonights dishes for the entire group." A few students snickered at this. "Now the following teams are-" Mr. Harrington began to explain each team of the scavenger hunt. Everyone scrambled around when their name was called, scurrying over to their teammates excitedly. Jocelyn remained seated patiently waiting for her name to be called. Alex left to join Mary Jane and two other guys. Abe joined Lucas' side when their names were called. Eventually every name was called except-

"Jocelyn, Peter, Michelle, and Ned."

Jocelyn's eyes immediately found Peter's in the crowd when Mr. Harrington finished announcing the teams. Her lips raised into a grin and Peter caught himself mimicking her smile. 

"Alright, now once everyone is in their teams I will be giving out the first clue. After you find the first item, the next clue will be revealed. And so on." Mr. Harrington announced opening his backpack dangling from his shoulder to take out the papers and bug spray.

A figure slouched down next to Jocelyn and blocked her view of Peter. Her eyes narrowed on the rather moody Michelle who looked exhausted. It was clear she didn't care about her appearance this morning, wearing a baseball cap over her messy bun and a shirt that was covered in wrinkles.