- 26.0 -

- One Week Later -
(Mr. Blue Sky - Electric Light Orchestra)

Queens, New York. 

It is a common place for criminal activity regardless of what time of day it was. Yet beneath all of the criminal activity and garbage littered streets, it was quite a beautiful city. Pedestrians rushed through the streets eager to get to work, cars filled the streets with traffic filling the quietness by their angry car horns, hot dog stands stood at every corner adding the grease scent to the musty air, and two of the friendly neighbourhood superheroes were currently swinging overhead whole chasing after a speeding van filled with stolen money and jewels from a robbed bank. 

It was chaotically quiet.Overall, it was just another regular day in Queens.

Wind screamed past Jocelyn's face that was covered by her iconic white mask. I.S.A. was giving her directions within the suit while the girl multitasked by dodging the bullets that were being fired in her direction from the passenger window from the speeding van. Below her, Spiderman swung building to building trying to catch up to the speeding white van taking ground control. 

A few minutes ago, the duo previously attempted to stop a bank heist on 5th Ave. Which resulted in Aura being thrown into a chair and a nasty bruise to form on her hip. The small hit Aura took caused a very concerned Spiderman to stop everything he was doing to check on his girlfriend, allowing the robbers to get away. 

Ever since the two starting dating, Spiderman has been acting extra cautious when Aura was nearby on a crime scene. Being both her boyfriend and partner in crime, Peter felt this unspoken protectiveness over Jocelyn and Aura. Although it is a sweet gesture. It also slightly annoyed Jocelyn. She felt that she didn't need a babysitter when she was trying to save the day but rather a partner who would be there to back her up.

"Spidey! Can you hurry it up!?" Jocelyn yelled through her coms swerving to the right to dodge another bullet being shot in her direction making her beyond frustrated. Below her, a masked robber was leaning outside the passenger window shooting multiple shots up at the flying superhero. Trying to defend the bundles of money in the back and lose the superheroes from their trail.

But from the current car chase and I.S.A.'s constant incoming text updates from her friends, Jocelyn knew Peter and her had to finish up soon. Because they were going to be late to their graduation if they didn't get this under wraps soon.

"I'm trying! But not all of us can fly through the air, Princess." Peter responded through her ear coms panting tiredly. "Geez, remind me to ask Mr. Stark for a jetpack in my suit when we see him tonight."

Aura let out a small chuckle under her breath, following around the corner the van took down the main road. From the sudden turn she had to quickly dive aside noticing a bullet heading her way. Quickly dodging away from it, she almost ran straight into a glass window like a bird. Letting out a deep exhale from almost splatting against the window like a bug, her gaze flickered into the window noticing a family eating dinner. But all froze seeing her hovering outside their window in awe. She gave a sheepish wave before diving back in the air towards the van, noticing the children shooting up from their seats to rush to the window at her departure.

"Incoming pedestrians, Jocelyn. Bus 382 has stopped ahead and is in the path of your speeding van. There are fourteen adults and four children at danger." Jocelyn's A.I. warned her.

To clarify the statement, Jocelyn's eyes flickered ahead seeing the bus pulled off aside with its hazards on allowing the riders off at the bus stop. A swear escaped her lips noticing the driver of the white van having no intention of stopping, weaving in and out of traffic heading straight towards the pedestrians that began to walk across the crosswalk that was moments away before a tragic event.