- 27.0 -

"This is stupid."

"It's not stupid. It's history."

"Yeah, that's the same thing."

The four girls all met at Mary Jane's apartment to study together for their exams. After the first hour of studying, Alex began arguing with Michelle on everything they were studying and continued gaslighting everyone into thinking they know the material. To say their studying was being productive was a complete lie.

Papers, binders, and textbooks spread across Mary Jane's baby-blue bedroom. Alex laid spread out on the floor like a starfish arguing against all of Michelle's study questions. Michelle sat crossed legged in a plush chair in the corner of the room reading through flash cards but a constant glare and frown was settled on her features directed at Alex across the floor.

"But why should I know who Abraham Lincoln is?" Alex asked the ceiling.

Michelle scoffed. "Because he was the 16th President of The United States, fought for and ended slavery, and created social and civil freedoms for African-Americans." She snapped bitterly.

Alex hummed. "Woah, that's actually pretty cool. The dude has my vote in the next election." Michelle groaned and fell back in the chair in defeat.

Jocelyn chuckled from the conversation laying on Mary Jane's bed. She laid on her stomach with a pillow below her chin watching the two interact. Every few seconds, her phone would buzz with a new alert. Jocelyn would look at the notification, giggle, and reply before setting the phone back down beside her. It was the same thing for the past hour but none of her friends commented on it.

"Okay, next question-" Michelle flipped to the next card in her hand. "Who was Franklin D. Roosevelt?" She questioned.

Alex bolted upright and gasped. "OH! I know this one! Robin Williams from Night of A Museum." She answered with confidence. Jocelyn laughed and Michelle's groaned in defeat throwing her flashcards aside. Alex frowned noticing the responses and glanced at Jocelyn confused. "What? That's the right answer."

Jocelyn shook her head with a smile on her lips. "Yeah. But he was also the President of America during World War Two and promoted liberal policies. Being the first American to ever win a Nobel Peace Prize." She explained.

Alex sighed and fell back down on the floor in defeat. "I practically said the same thing." She muttered irritated.

The bedroom door was pushed open and Mary Jane walked in with a bowl of chips in her hands. "What did I miss?" She asked taking a seat at the foot of her bed below Jocelyn who eagerly reached down to grab a handful of chips.

"Just Alex taking years off of my life for her answers." Michelle grumbled under her breath. Her head resting back on the chair staring up at the roof in defeat.

Mary Jane glanced down at Alex cocking her head aside in confusion as she crunched on a chip. Alex caught her gaze and waved her hand in the air dismissively. "Michelle is just over exaggerating. I was getting all of the answers right." Alex clarified. Mary Jane narrowed her eyes and glanced at Jocelyn for clarification. The brunette gave a weak smile and held up her spare chip-less hand, waving her hand side to side in a 'so-so' gesture. 

Seconds later, Jocelyn's phone pinged again and the brunette tore herself from the conversation to quickly read the message that illuminating on her phone. The conversation around her became background noise as she read the text message from her boyfriend with a giddy smile tugging at her lips.

My Spidey <3
Nah swinging is way better than flying
Let me prove it to you 

A pillow striking Jocelyn's face brought her back to reality. Her head snapped up trying to find the culprit but it was easy from how Michelle and Mary Jane were both pointing accusing fingers at Alex giggling on the floor. Yet all three girls were giving Jocelyn accusatory looks from the corner of their eyes.