- 21.0 -

Wednesday
(Because I Had You - Shawn Mendes)

Wednesday was a very, very, odd day at camp.

Jocelyn has been working as a superhero since she was thirteen and worked alongside S.H.I.E.L.D. most recently in the past years. She would like to think she was a great agent regardless of the self-taught training she had. With all of her successful missions and combat skills she learned in the years, she became an excellent spy. Maybe not "Natasha Level Good" . But still amateur good.

But even a blind man would be able to notice her friends strange behaviour today.

It all began that morning when Jocelyn woke up. She exited her tent after getting ready for the day, dressing in a loose white t-shirt and denim shorts. The broken purple necklace Peter gave her hanging from her neck. And her smile was wide from the blissfulness she continued to felt from last night with Peter.

Her eyes immediately fell on Ned, Michelle, and Alex all whispering near the fireplace. But the moment Alex caught Jocelyn's eyes, the red-head muttered something under her breath and they three all quickly scattered like ants. Leaving Jocelyn standing there stunned from her friends odd behaviour, her smile faltering slightly unsure what caused this odd behaviour.

But Jocelyn brushed it off. Today was their day off so Jocelyn assumed they would be spending it together. Yet all of her friends were either gone or avoiding her at all cost.

Like, at lunch, Mr. Harrington was handing out pre-made sandwiches to students. When Jocelyn stepped in line behind Mary Jane, the girl suddenly left without a word. 

This was when Jocelyn knew that her friends was keeping something from her. But, the oddest part about today, was that Peter was no where to be found. After the evening they spent together, she could have sworn that Peter felt as blissful as she felt. Yet he was just gone.

Anytime she tried speaking to her friends, they would make an excuse or avoid her.

Something was up and Jocelyn was determined to figure out what.

Call it paranoia or fear but Jocelyn was not a fan of secrets. By now, she would assume her friends knew this about her. Out of all of her friends, Peter would definitely know this. But with his excitement overwhelming him he never even considered the scepticism from Jocelyn. So Jocelyn continued her search of answers, trying to corner her friends or trick them into talking to her. But nothing worked.

Even cornering Michelle in the shower stalls was a fail. At this point, Jocelyn was just frustrated.

Poking a stick into the ground, she glared at the dirt below it that was being flicked up by the stick. Her hair was blowing in front of her face from the light breeze that was caused around her. Undoubtedly being a response from her irritated behaviour today. Half the campers were gone to the lake, her friends missing who-knows-where, and a few others stayed behind to play camping games. Although Jocelyn was invited, she preferred to sit in the corner and mope like a child.

Call her childish but she thinks her mood is justified. Just this morning she was in a euphoric state caused by a specific brunette boy, who has been avoiding her all day along with her closest friends.

The stick in her hand snapped and she groaned, not realizing how angry she was to break it. Dropping in and leaning her elbows on her knees, she leaned forward on the log she found staring down at the ground below her.

Behind her, the few students squealed from playing a game of manhunt but Jocelyn didn't bother a glance. She still felt sorrowful from her friends rejecting behaviour.