- 34.5 -

"It has been a few weeks since the fiasco on the Statue of Liberty and Spiderman's cultists continue to contend that the vile vigilante is a hero. Well, if he were a hero, he'd unmask himself and tell us who he really is. Because only a coward conceals his identity. Only a coward hides his true intentions.

Rest assured, ladies and gentleman, this reporter will uncover those intentions come hell or high water. Following news, Aura has refused to give a comment about the matter of her association with Spiderman. Is she working with Spiderman against society or is she on the side of humanity? More news on this still to come. This is J.Jonah Jameson signing off. . ."

The snow fell slowly onto Peter's hair as he walked nervously down the street. Every nervous breath he took could be seen from passing strangers and his cheeks were red from the cold and from internally panicking. His head was staring down at the sidewalk mumbling what he has been rehearsing every second for the past four weeks. A folded paper in his pocket was ready with the script in case he forgotten.

A bell chimed in the distance from a local food charity collecting donations that was overboard by the traffic nearby. Christmas lights hung from store canopy's and robotic Santa's would wave at passing pedestrians from inside store windows. A few passing strangers would hit Peter's shoulder but Peter was too anxious to apologize. 

He hugged his black overcoat tighter to his figure to warm himself up against the bitter winter cold and pushed through the crowd. He had a mission and he couldn't fail.

Peter passed a small cafe when the hairs on his neck shot up. His spider-sense was picking up a presence. A presence he missed for the past four weeks.

Peter froze in his place making someone run into him and cursing heavenly at the young boy for being an idiot. But he didn't move. He didn't even react. Peter just stood staring up at the illuminated sign across the street making everyone push around him.

 Maria's

It is best Italian restaurant in all of Queens and his favourite restaurant. Not because it was fancy and had the best food in the city.  But because they had asparagus pizza which sounds horrible until you try it.

Glancing at the traffic on the street, he ran across the street when it was safe without a second thought and towards the restaurant. He slid his hand out of his pocket to grab the golden handle and was welcomed into the warm comforting restaurant.

An immediate warmth struck Peter's face and he rubbed his hands desperate to regain circulation. The dimly lit room that held dozens of circle tables covered by white table cloths. A single candle sat in the middle of each table and light piano music was heard to set the romantic mood. High ceilings were decorated by chandeliers and the walls were decorated by aesthetic paintings. 

The restaurant was expensively fancy.

The hostess welcomed Peter with a kind smile and asked for a name for the reservation. But he didn't look at her. Heck, he didn't even respond.

Peter's eyes were caught on a woman across the room since the moment he entered. She remembered?

Occupying one of the tables was a girl. 

Her brown hair was tied back in a low bun and two strands framed her delicate face. Her black off-the-shoulder dress hugged her figures and showed off her collarbone. Her lips were pursed and her eyes studied the menu in her petite fingers. 

Anyone could see that she was the prettiest girl in the room.

But regardless of the perfection this woman was exhibiting, Peter saw through the layers of makeup. He saw the faint outline of a scar of a cut on her upper right eyebrow and lower lip. He saw her bruised knuckles from her endless fighting. He saw this identity she was putting up for the public eye.