- 32.5 -

"Tragedy. What else can I call it...? What more needs to be said? The damage, the destruction. You saw it with your own eyes. When will people wake up and realize that everywhere Spiderman goes, chaos and calamity ensue? Everything Spiderman touches comes to a ruin. And we, the innocence, are left to pick up the pieces... J. Jonah Jameson reporting. Goodnight and God help us all."

The news channel changed to reveal another report of tonights grave explosion. 

A woman dressed in a thick black rain jacket held up a microphone in front of the burning building behind her that was being showered by a rainstorm overhead and fought by dozens of firemen. "-One reported dead and a dozen other injured in tonights explosion. Officials have reported sightings of Spiderman inside of the building before and during when the explosion occurred but has not been seen since them. There is no certainty of the cause behind this catastrophic event but officials are searching for Spiderman in clarification for this matter. That is, if he is still alive. The building is currently shut down to all residents and investigators are taking over the scene-"

The television shut off and Jocelyn found herself staring at her reflection on the black screen. The girl she was staring at looked like a mess. She sat on the edge of her seat in Ned's dining room, staring suspensefully at the television across the room. Her heart was pounding in her chest in anticipation, her eyes stung with tears in worry, and her hair was a mess from her constant twirling from anxiety. She has not heard a word from Peter since a few hours ago when he told her to be safe, and it didn't start worrying her until now.

Peter could be dead. And she wasn't with him.

On every news channel, social media page, and advertisement in the tristate area was broadcasting tonights sudden and violent explosion. The explosion is assumed to be caused by Spiderman and resulted in a murder, causing the entire city to go up in panic. Who was murdered, you may ask? No one knows yet. But the suspense was killing Jocelyn.

After hearing the news, Gwen and Harry rushed out of the house in hopes of finding answers. With Gwen's connection with the police force and Harry's access to unlimited technology, they were planning on conjoining the two at Oscorp headquarters to find out anything. Alex sat in front of a computer with the USB stick and headphones plugged into it, listening to all of the current police radio calls in hopes of getting any answers of who died. While the rest of the team watched the dozens of news reports hoping one of them would explain anything more. But no one received anything new.

A hand was placed on Jocelyn's shoulder bringing her back to reality. Her head snapped up with tearful eyes to be met by a saddened Mary Jane. The girl smiled sadly down at her friend and extended a comforting hot cup of herbal tea to her friend.

"This should help." Mary Jane whispered soothingly.

Jocelyn took the glass and muttered a thanks in response and turned her body forward to face the wizard box on the table. The box sat their mockingly next to a plate of warm chocolate chip cookies and a basket of bread, all freshly baked from Ned's Lola. The box was an outcast to the comfort food.

Mary Jane nodded with a frown and handed Michelle the other mug in her grasp, who accepted it thankfully. Jocelyn stared down at the steaming cup of tea with her thoughts running all over the place but was primarily focusing on the worst.

Is Peter dead? Where is he? If it's not Peter, who died?  Why isn't he answering his phone? What the heck happened at that apartment? Are the multiversal men the reason of the explosion?  

. . . What is going on?

"Still nothing?" Michelle asked Ned killing the silence in the room.

"No." Ned sighed and placed his phone back in his pocket in defeat after trying to call Peter for his nineteenth try.