-5.0-

Ever since Jocelyn Evans was gifted the bracelet and set of earrings, there was an endless grin was plastered on her lips. To be given something so expensive, technological advanced, and considerate meant so much to Jocelyn. She considered herself a rather independent person who despised asking others for help. 

But having a device around her wrist and assistant in her ear, she knew more now than ever that she wasn't alone. It was something she never thought she wanted but now realized how much she needed.

Sitting in the small cafe on the corner of South Street, Jocelyn spaced out from her surroundings staring down at the bracelet on her wrist. She toyed with the charms, knowing that by pulling it and asking her AI, I.S.A., to call them will simply call out a distress signal. Within seconds, all of the Avengers could surround this place if she needed.

Gwen Stacy, however, was unamused from the girls daydreaming. Glaring at her friend from across the small circular table, she was awaiting to see how long it would take until Jocelyn noticed her irritation or snapped herself back to reality. Eventually, she got tired of waiting and waved her hand in front of the girl.

"Hello? Anyone home?"

Jocelyn looked up from her bracelet and smiled sheepishly, dropping her hands to her lap. "Sorry, got distracted." Picking up her coffee cup in front of her, Gwen's gaze fell to the bracelet and narrowed her gaze quizzically.

"Cute bracelet." She admits and Jocelyn's smile widened against her coffee cup. "Is it from Lucas?" Jocelyn shook her head and Gwen leaned forward slightly. "Peter?" She whispered with amusement. Jocelyn shook her head a bit more violently and Gwen frowned, unsure who else would give her such a nice bracelet.

"Mr. Stark gave it to me." Jocelyn explained and Gwen suddenly lost interest in the bracelet, not caring it was given by a multibillionaire compared to a teenage boy. The blonde leaned back in her seat, cupping the coffee cup with her hands. Jocelyn took another sip of her latte, still smiling faintly while studying the blonde across the table.

Gwen Stacy, alike Harry Osborn, did not vanish during the blip. The two grew up together, graduated beside another, and starting college at the same place. The girl sitting across from Jocelyn was obviously Gwen Stacy but it wasn't the exact same girl she remembered. Her face was more toned, losing those baby cheeks she once had. Her blonde hair was longer and tied back into a slick pony-tail. Those graphic tee's were replaced with a white blouse tucked into tan cargo pants, matching her three-inch tan heels. The girl Jocelyn Evans once knew as Gwen Stacy grew up and was now an intern at the local police station.

Gwen Stacy was living her life to the fullest and Jocelyn Evans was just as happy to see her friend achieving so much.

"You finally done exams?" Gwen asked. Jocelyn nodded while setting her coffee cup down and leaned against the counter. "Then you must be excited for college application season?" Gwen's smile grew in excitement for her friend.

Jocelyn's smile grew but her gaze narrowed confused. "How did you know that? What about the Europe trip?"

Gwen scoffed at the statement, almost offended by the statement. "Please, Jocie. We were once best friends and I remember all those times you would ramble on and on about your fantasy about going to M.I.T., I know you better than to think you'd prefer going to some Europe trip than think about your future." 

Jocelyn allowed Gwen's words to sink in. It's no secret that Gwen was once Jocelyn's best friend but it continues to show how close they once were. The two girls know everything about another, even in the present life. It was eye-opening to hear Gwen understand her when a few days ago, none of her friends understood her excitement about applying to a school that could change their lives.