- 23.0 -

- Friday -
(I Ain't Worried - One Republic)

Today's activity consisted of a beach day. Mr. Harrington was still tense after the hike and momentarily getting lost. But he was relieved that today was something less stressful and riskfree. The rest of the students were excited to have a fun relaxing day.

Jocelyn and her friends all headed down to the beach after breakfast with everyone else eager to get the day started. Mary Jane acted like the mother of the group, making sure everyone applied sunscreen and wore a hat or sunglasses. She would assist her friends with their sunscreen application, getting extra flustered when it came to Ned. But Jocelyn and the other girls kept quiet on her red cheeks that matched his.

After a few hours, the girls found themselves lying on beach towels tanning while the boys were tossing a football in the water. Mr. Harrington was closer to the forest, set up in a lawn chair and face buried in a book. He remained in the shade not wanting to risk getting a sunburn. Regardless of his big floppy hat and large sunglasses on with cream covering his cheeks and arms. But this gave the students the space they need from his constant hoovering.

"I can't believe this is our last day." Mary Jane huffed with a frown on her lips. Her brown hair was tied back in a bun with large black frames hiding her eyes. Her deep red swimsuit covered her frame but she was stretched out on her stripped towel tanning under the sun rays.

Alex turned her head over from resting on her arms. "We still have tomorrow." She reminded. Her red hair was clipped back in a pony tail and her red sunglasses hiding her eyes. Alex wore a dark olive green bikini and was lounging on her stomach on a One Direction beach towel right next to Mary Jane.

Mary Jane shook her head rolling her head to face Alex. "But we will be packing. After tomorrow, we all go back to the city and then graduation is happening. Then, you have move away from university and our dynamic is destroyed." She exaggerated.

A small smile tugged on Jocelyn's lip from the other side of Mary Jane. She was lounging in her deep purple bikini on a lilac beach towel. Her brown hair was tied back in a fishtail braid and wore a New York Yankee on her head. Though she was squinting from facing the sky absorbing the sun rays.

"MJ, nothing is gonna change. We will still be the fabulous four." Jocelyn assured.

Mary Jane looked over at Jocelyn with a frown. "How do you know?"

Jocelyn rolled her head towards her friend. She squinted one eye open to face the girl against the harsh sun above. "Because I know so." She giggled. Mary Jane gave a small glare at Jocelyn but was hidden behind her sunglasses.

"That's not reassuring." Mary Jane muttered.

"We still got summer." Michelle added flipping to the next page of her book laying on her stomach on the other side of Alex. The girl was lounging on a deep green towel and wore a black one piece suit that covered her frame. Michelle was rather against tanning but she wouldn't pass up an opportunity to talk with her best friends and read her favourite book. Her hair was tied back in a bun and wore brown shades on her nose while consistently reapplying sunscreen to avoid the risk of the solar rays.

"Exactly. We still have so much time together." Jocelyn spoke up.

Mary Jane didn't seem satisfied with that response. She sighed and pushed herself up on her arms, looking over at Alex and Michelle. "How are you guys so calm about this!? This could be the end of our friendship!" Mary Jane declared with an exasperated sigh.