-8.0-

Jocelyn sat on the hotel lobby couch between Mary Jane and Alex. Her thumb nail was between her teeth as she watched the local news segment on the television in front of them, revising the events that happened earlier today. Lucas stood directly behind her stiffly with his arms crossed, just as anxious to hear if anyone spotted Jocelyn using her powers.

The clip of the news changed to a video of the green wizard man attacking the water monster. Someone Jocelyn was rather thankful he made a special guest appearance today. "Who is that guy?" Betty asked from Ned's side.

"He is like Iron Man and Thor rolled into one." Brett exhaled.

Flash scoffed and shot a small glare at Brett. "He's all right. But he is not Spiderman." He explained.

Alex let out a sarcastic laugh and glanced off the television, over her shoulder towards Flash standing behind the couch beside Brad. "Please, Aura is way better than either of those twerps." She argued, leaning back in the couch.

Flash rolled his eyes at Alex's statement, crossing his arms. "Spiderman has super-strength." He protested.

"And Aura can move things with her hands." Alex defended.

"Yeah, well so can I."

Michelle rolled her eyes at the two arguing, giving a subtle glance towards Jocelyn from the stairs in the hotel and at the back of the group. She noticed Jocelyn was too absorbed in the news channel to care about their bantering. "What is with you and Spiderman?" Michelle asked, turning her attention to Flash.

Flash was shocked by the question and shot his head towards the brunette. "What!? He is just awesome, okay? He makes me want to be a better person." His gaze turned to Peter who entered the room from his previous phone call with his aunt. But his gaze was immediately fixed on Jocelyn sitting anxiously on the couch the moment he entered the room. "Hey dickwad, I thought you drowned." Peter ignored his comment and glanced past Jocelyn's gaze to the news channel in front of her, his lips pressing together in interest. 

The news segment continued on with clips of the flying green wizard and kept repeating the name Mysterio over and over. But Jocelyn was too absorbed trying to find a picture of her in the background that could potentially expose her identity to be listening to the audio.

"It sounds like his name is Mysterio." Alex added from her seat, leaning forward in her seat placing her elbows on her thighs.

Peter cleared his throat anxiously from the back of the room, crossing his arms comfortably. "Mysterio means mystery in Italian. They keep referring to him as L'uomo del misterio which means man of mystery." Peter clarified for everyone. No one replied to Peter's comment, nor did Jocelyn. She was too absorbed in the television to listen to any side conversation.

The segment ended when it clipped to the same repeated videos of previously shown, revealing no new evidence. Seeing there was no footage of some random girl with glowing purple hands stop the monster, Jocelyn let out a sigh in relief that no one would discover her identity. The girl ran a hand through her hair and fell back into the couch comfortably. Mary Jane sitting beside her, noticed her relax and shot her a small smile sharing the similar feeling of relief. Both girls were quite tense after arriving back to the hotel. But after watching the news for the past few hours, they could both relax knowing Jocelyn's identity is still a secret.

A faint yawn escaped Alex's lips beside them, speaking on behalf of the three girls. "Geez, after running for my life today I could sleep for days." Alex yawned again, trying to hide it with her hand. Her two friends smiled at her as she stood up to her feet and stretched.  "I'm going to head to bed and get some much needed R&R." She explained, stretching out her arms.