- 15.0 -

"Are you sure you aren't in any pain?" Peter stepped in front of Jocelyn in the middle of the airport, stopping her from joining her friends to the luggage carrel. He has been asking the same question for the dozenth time in the past ten minutes since she had woken up on the airplane. His nervous gaze flickered to Jocelyn's sling and stitch above her eye, biting his inner cheek anxiously. A backpack hung on his shoulders and he held his luggage in one hand and Jocelyn's in the other. Which he insisted to carry since she only had one functioning hand.

Jocelyn rolled her eyes with a smile on her pink lips. It has been over twelve hours since Beck has been stopped and Peter has not left her side for a second, constantly worried for her well being. Even Agent Hill snapped at Peter when the doctors tried to remove the device from Jocelyn's back because he would interfere with the doctors work from his constant hovering. Not that she was complaining. But it is quite hard to shower when someone refused to leave your side. 

Standing in front of Peter, she wore a New York Yankee baseball cap to hide the stitches and cuts on her forehead. One of Peter's black hoodies was oversized on her petite figure, tying the drawstrings tightly to hide her swollen neck. She looked rather tired and homeless instead of defeated and injured.

Well, other than her left arm wrapped in a sling.

"Peter, I told you I'm fine." Jocelyn assured for the dozenth time. Her smile shined reflecting her positive well being. Hearing a few giggles, her eyes flickered past Peter seeing all her friends watching them afar. Alex was smirking, Mary Jane smiled in admiration, and Michelle was watching with a judgemental stare. Rolling her eyes at her friends, she looked back at the boy in front of her. Cocking her head slightly aside, "The device from my back is out. My powers are working again and my enhanced healing is slowly kicking in. Agent Hill said I should be completely healed within a few days." She promised, hoping he would relax.

Peter pursed his lips, hesitant about agreeing. But he nodded falling guilty for those brown doe eyes. "Fine." He muttered under his breath rather annoyed. Jocelyn giggled at his worry. The sound made his cheeks fluster red.

"Hey, Jocie!" 

The two teenagers turned aside to see a smiling brunette boy walking towards them and dragging a suitcase behind him. Peter huffed out and Jocelyn smiled at Lucas approaching them looking exhausted from everything that occurred in the past twenty-four hours. Stepping in front of them, he slid his phone into his back pocket letting out a heavy breath. "Just got off the phone with Fury. There was luckily no casualties and only eleven hospitalized with minimal injuries." He stated with a smile. Jocelyn smiled widely at the news and Peter couldn't help but sigh in relief. Lucas' gaze flickered between the two, his eyes narrowing slightly. "He said we deserve a break. So, I don't think we will be hearing about any life-threatening events any time soon." He grinned excitedly.

"Please don't jinx us." Peter muttered nervously. Lucas chuckled softly in response and Peter exhaled thickly. Jocelyn smiled at the two boys in front of her mutually getting along.

"What are you going to do now that we're back?" Jocelyn asked looking at Lucas.

He shrugged and leaned on the handle of his suitcase, his gaze settling on Jocelyn. "Probably go back to the compound. There is some forms I have to fill out regarding what happened and Mr. Rogers emailed me, asking for a brief report." He explained.

"Captain America sent you an email?" Jocelyn asked in shock, her mouth agape in awe.

Lucas nodded and rubbed the back of his head. "Yeah but it isn't that grammatically correct." He chuckled softly. Peter nodded along and Jocelyn smiled widely both silently jealous. Lucas glanced between the two, noticing how Peter was holding Jocelyn's bag and Jocelyn was bundled up in Peter's hoodie. "So, what are you do going to do?" He asked, his smile faltering slightly.