37.

Y/n's p.o.v.

After running for a good amount of time, I turn and see only one more zombie following me.

The other one must've lost me at some point.

I need a break, I need to catch my breath.

So, I stop, breathing heavily.

But I grip my baseball bat tighter as the zombie gets closer.

It growls as it stretches its hands out to me, and I let out a deep breath, before swinging my bat at it.

I hit the zombie's side with the baseball bat, hearing a cracking sound, and it falls to the ground, continuing to snarl.

It grabbed my foot and pulled itself closer to my leg, trying to bite me.

"Shit" I yelp and kick its head with the foot it was holding onto.

The zombie lets go and with a lot of strength I let my baseball bat crash down and onto its head.

Blood immediately flows from its fresh wound.

I step away from the zombie as it twitches a bit before stopping to move at all.

I let out a breath of relief as I look around, scanning my surroundings.

Where am I?

I study the surrounding trees a bit more until I stop.

Wait.

I've been here before.

I turn around.

I'm very close to the construction site.

That's good.

There I can figure out what I should do next.

As I take a few steps into the direction where the construction site was going to be, I hear something rustle in the bushes on my right.

Gripping the baseball bat tighter, I get ready to fight whatever would come from there.

Suddenly a bird flies out of the bush, and after I jump from getting scared, the rustling is gone.

I relax a bit.

Calm down, Y/n. It was only a bird.

I straighten up a bit and continue walking when I suddenly get knocked down to the ground by something heavy.

I let out a scream as I turn around on the ground, now facing whatever had knocked me down.

My eyes widened when I saw the zombie over me.

It growled, spitting blood onto my face.

"Fuck!" I yell, grabbing it by its neck to keep it away from biting me.

The zombie must've been a boy before and to my 'luck' he was a lot heavier than I was.

Shit.

I look around for my baseball bat that I had dropped when the zombie had knocked me down.

There it is.

On the ground and smeared with dirt and blood.

It's pretty close, but I don't know if I can reach it.

My fear increases as I hold the zombie's neck with only one hand while I try to reach my baseball bat with the other.

My fingertips graze the bat, but it's not close enough for me to reach.

I start feeling beads of sweat form on my forehead as my heart continues beating rapidly.

Come on, Y/n.