49.

We all follow On-jo through the abandoned halls of the construction site.

"What a mess" Dae-su mumbles.

Feeling uneasy by this place, I grab onto Su-hyeok's arm.

"What's wrong?" He asks as we enter a room, On-jo shining around with her flashlight.

"I guess I'm just scared that some zombie will jump at us out of nowhere. I mean, some may still be alive from that explosion."

"Zombies, alive?" Su-hyeok chuckles, pulling his arm out of my grip and instead wrapping it around my shoulders.

I feel him pull me closer.

At his soft laughter, I smile and look up at him.

"Well, undead is a better word." I tell him.

I let my eyes wander around the room again, and they finally land on On-jo standing still in the middle of the room.

Maybe she's thinking about Cheong-san again.

I still feel bad for her.

Just when the two had finally confessed their feelings after years of friendship, he left.

But I quickly shake my head, trying to ignore these thoughts again.

I pull Su-hyeok with me and approach her.

"On-jo" I whisper her name, grabbing her hand.

Her head turns to me and I offer her a small, sad smile.

"Come on."

She nods slowly.

"Alright."

***

Soon we get to the building of our school.

I can't help but let out a gasp when I see the way our school has crumbled.

But at least we don't have to worry about zombies hear.

On the cracked glass door of the entrance was a sign, confirming that it was a safe zone.

Our group walks up the stairs and as we enter one of the hallways, I look around slowly.

Wow, everything really is torn apart.

I scan the ground and see a few dead bodies littered on the floor.

Next to me, I hear Su-hyeok sigh before he looks away from the bodies.

As we walk up the next flight of stairs, Su-hyeok pulls me closer to him, making me also wrap my arm closest to him around his waist.

In the back of the group, I hear Dae-su mumbling.

"Ugh, these two again with their love story."

Then there's a short pause.

"Hey, Ha-ri-" He starts but gets cut off by said girl.

"No, Dae-su."

"But-" Dae-su tries again, but I hear Ha-ri shushing him again.

Oh, Dae-su...

"Do you think it could be Nam-ra?" Su-hyeok asks me, ripping me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah, probably" I whisper.

"It would make sense that it's her and... I kind of have this feeling that it's her." I continue.

Su-hyeok nods understandingly as we continue going up the steps.

A sense of déjà vu hits me as we walk up these stairs.

As we continued running up the stairs, I slipped and fell, making Su-hyeok almost fall as well.