45.

After continuing our walk through the woods, we get out in a quiet city, the air full of dust.

I can't help but cough from all the dust, and press my hands in front of my mouth.

As Su-hyeok is still helping Wu-jin carry Dae-su, I walk at the front of our group, between Ha-ri and Mi-jin.

Both are very concentrated, looking around to check if there are zombies anywhere.

I look around the abandoned streets, my eyes widening when I see a dead raven on the ground, having been crushed by a piece of rubble.

"Didn't he say to go to Yangdong?" I hear Dae-su groan.

I turn to look at him.

Him, Wu-jin and Su-hyeok all look exhausted.

Hyo-ryeong also glances at Dae-su for a moment.

Then she turns back to look at me.

"You don't think there are zombies here, too, do you?" She asks, her eyes filled with worry.

I shrug.

"No way" Su-hyeok also mumbles as an answer.

"Maybe they evacuated because it's next to Hyosan" He adds, groaning in exhaustion.

Then I feel Mi-jin grab my arm.

"Hey, Y/n, I'm getting a bad feeling about this." She tells me, looking around nervously.

I can't help but mentally agree with her.

The silence seems so wrong in a situation like this.

"Me too. Something about this place is really freaking me out." I tell her.

"Yeah, where is everyone?" She continues, turning her head to look at every alley we walk past.

Mi-jin slowly lets go of me, gripping her bloody broomstick that she was using as a weapon.

As I feel my stomach twist into a tight knot, I take a deep breath, trying to calm my nerves.

But that attempt immediately fails when I spot a dead cat on the sidewalk.

Why are there so many dead animals?

"We're okay here" Ha-ri suddenly says.

Mi-jin loos at her, eyes wide.

"Why? How do you know that?" She asks.

Ha-ri nods her head over at the houses.

"There are no broken windows or blood on the streets. It wouldn't be this clean if there had been a zombie rampage." She tells us.

I look around and I know she's right.

But this place doesn't seem safe or normal.

"Still, I don't like it here" I tell them, feeling my heart rate quicken.

"Me neither" Su-hyeok adds from the back of the group.

Suddenly, my eyes catch Nam-ra stopping dead in her tracks.

"Hey" I grab everyone's attention, nodding my head over at her.

I quickly approach her, placing my hand on her shoulder.

"What's wrong?" I ask, my voice starting to shake a bit.

"Hold on." She whispers, staring at the street in front of us.

I hear her breathing in the air through her nose, trying to smell something.

Then she turns around in a flash, now staring at the street we had come from.