7. Needle

'That was great Arya!' Josie told her pulling the arrows free from the tree. Josie had to sneak arya away into the forest when they wanted to train together for Catelyn didn't like women doing such manly things but Josie thought everyone shout know how to protect themselves and Arya was so eager to learn.

'Lets go again, don't hold it so long, just look and shoot.' Josie told her.

'How am I supposed to know where I'm shooting if I don't aim?'

"Just look, and release, you won't be able to hold the bow staring down a man charging at you.' Josie mused. 'you need to be quicker in a fight.'

'You think there will be a fight?'

'We are going to a new land, the capitol is dangerous the world is dangerous.' Nymeria and Ghost were wrestling behind them as they practiced. 'I want you to be prepared for when...'

'When what? You are coming with us.' Arya reminded her.

'father is allowing me to travel beyond the capitol.' Josie told her.

'Beyond the capitol? Where will you go?'

"I want to see High garden and Dorne mainly but everywhere I want to go everywhere.' Josie told her.

"But alone?'

'That's the best way.' Josie told her. 'I will meet so many people, see so many things, taste all the foods,' she added. 'I can be anyone, I don't have to be a bastard once we are out in the world. No one will care that I'm not special.' She added.

'you are special. Can I go with you?' Arya questioned.

'I don't think father would agree to that, but...'

'BUT?" Arya repeated happily.

'if he says yes then I shall be your guide. ' Josie confirmed and Arya hugged her tight. 'father has to say yes first.' Josie reminded her as their wolves ran off.

'What's up with them?' Arya questioned then they heard the howls. Josie and Arya ran to them.

When Bran fell the wolves cried, howling around him. Josie dropped before him his body limp in her arms but Catelyn came up to her screaming, screeching to get away from her son, gently Josie put Bran down stepping away from Bran.

'My son!" Catelyn screamed out, as the maester came to check on him Catelyn shot Josie the most wicked of glares as if to say why wasn't it you.

Josie tried to visit Bran but Catelyn refused her entry.

'How is he?'

'The maester says he will survive.' Ned told her.

'But?'

'But he wont have use of his legs.' Ned informed her sadly.

'Oh father,' Josie whispered as he hugged her. 'I'm so sorry... could I see him?' Ned just held her tight. 'Lady stark doesn't want me there... I understand... could you tell Bran that I am praying for him at least?' Josie questioned looking up to Ned.

"Of course,' Ned agreed. As the maester came out Josie looked in on Bran laying motionless on the bed, Catelyns glare followed Josie until the door sealed shut again. 'Why don't you go check on Arya and Rickon?' Ned suggested and Josie nodded wordlessly heading off.

++

'A sword for the Capitol?' Jaime questioned coming up to Josie. 'You wont need it, I'm sure I can protect you just fine.'

'I already have one.' Josie told him

''A lovely lady such as yourself... have you used it yet?' Jaime questioned

'Of course I have.' Josie informed him.

'At someone I mean...' Jaime smirked. 'it's a strange thing the first time you cut a man.' Jamie told her 'when you realize we are nothing but sacks of meat flesh blood...' He stared threateningly down at her but Josie wasn't scared of a Lannister, born with a golden spoon in his mouth, pristine armor, he picked his opponents wisely. Josie wouldn't mind hacking at him, but she knew Jaime Lannister was said to be a skilled warrior.

'Excuse me, Ser.' She spat bumping into him as she grabbed the sword and marched past.

Arya was packing Nymeria, her wolf was helping her for she was headed to Kings Landing soon when Josie came in.

'Apparently I had to do it again.' arya told her 'my septa said that they were not folded properly so I have to do it again!' she sassed, 'who cares weather they are folded properly, they're going to get all messed up anyways!' she reminded Josie.

'It's good you got help.' Josie remarked looking to her pup

'Watch.' arya said standing up straight, 'Nymeria. Gloves.' the dog just stared at her, arya tipped her head but Nymeria still didn't move.

'Impressive.' Josie answered

'Shut up.' Arya snapped. 'Nymeria. Gloves.' she shouted again and again the dog did not move 'dammit.'

'Arya I have something for you,' josie informed her. 'but it has to be packed very carefully.' Josie told her

'A present?' arya said excitedly

'Close the door.' Josie told her pulling out the blade she had created just for her. 'this is no toy.' she told her 'be careful you don't cut yourself.' she held it in her hands.

'it's so skinny.' she remarked

'So are you.' Josie remarked. 'I had a blacksmith make it for you special,' Josie told her 'it won't work anyone's head off but it can poke anyone from holes if you're quick enough.'

'I can be quick.' Arya agreed.

'You have to work at it every day.' Josie told her. 'how does it feel? Do you like the balance?' Josie questioned.

'I think so.' Arya said

'The first lesson. Stick with the pointy end.' Josie told her and arya crinkled her nose at her.

'I know which end to use.' Arya told her

'I'm not always going to be around to look out for you and I wanted you to have something, to remember me by.' Josie told her and Arya went to hug her but almost stabbed Josie, 'careful.' she said and carefully Arya put down the sword and she hugged Josie leaping into her arms. 'all the best swords have names you know...' josie told her.

'Sansa can keep her sewing needles I've got a needle of my own.' Arya said still holding tight to her sister.