52. Quite drunk

'I'm sorry I couldn't-'

'I understand.' Sansa said softly.

'I'm sorry still. Tyrion told me that he would be kind, protect you.' Josie added. 'I know its not much but-'

'I don't want to marry him or bed him or carry his children Josie, I want to fling myself from the tallest tower.'

'Don't say that,' josie coed. 'I will...'

'You will what? My wedding is now.' Sansa shouted. 'I am to marry him... now.'

'I don't know.' Josie admitted. 'I wish I could carry this burden for you.' Sansa clung to her as Shae came in. 'I will help my sister dress.' Josie told her and shae nodded leaving, she didn't want to be apart of this madness anyways.

++

'You look beautiful,' Josie told her as she prepared to walk her down the aisle.

'What are you doing?' Sansa questioned as Joffrey came up offering his arm.

'Your father is dead and I am the king so I'm everyone's father.' Joffrey said pushing Josie aside.

'That is very kind of you, your Grace but I'm going to walk my sister down the aisle.' Josie told him

'No you are not snow, take a seat.' he sneered and Josie gave her sister an apologetic look as she went to go stand by the Tyrells. As they walked down the aisle Joffrey marched up the steps taking the stool from the stage for Tyrion to stand on. As the ceremony went on Josie held tight to Margaery's hand she couldn't hear the words she was so focused on the pain radiating through her sister's face. When it was time to cloak Sansa with Tyrion's protection he looked awkwardly up at her not able to reach her shoulders everyone laughed but the snigger died quickly as Tywin shot them a glare and so did Josie from the opposite end of the crowd.

'If you could,' Tyrion said and sansa knelt down before him. He cloaked her she rose and he pressed a quick kiss to her lips very awkwardly Sansa looked like she was going to barf, pale and in pain she stared down at her sister.

++

'So their son will be your nephew after you are wed to Joffrey of course,' Olena said 'and you'll be the king stepfather and brother-in-law when you marry the King's mother. Joffrey will become his sister-in-law and your son will be Loras nephew? grandson... I'm not sure but your brother will become your father-in-law that much is beyond dispute.' Olenna said and Loras stood up a knot in his stomach.

'That's way too confusing,' Josie told her 'explain it to me again.' she said with a laugh and Olenna hooked her arm with Josies.

'My dear girl never lose your smile.'

'I should go speak with Sansa try and distract her from horrible night ahead and behind her.' Josie said giving Olenna's shoulder squeeze as she got up

'You seem rather drunk.' Tywin said as he approached Tyrion, the feast was in full swing Sansa looked miserable. Tyrion looked to Josie and Sansa as he poured another drink.

'Isn't it a grooms duty, a man's duty to be drunk at his own wedding?' Tyrion questioned over his glass.

'This isn't about your wedding. Renly Baratheon had a wedding, your wife needs a child, a Lannister child.' Tywin told him. Tyrion sat slumped in his chair bored and not nearly drunk enough to have this conversation. 'As soon as possible.' Tywin added.

'And?'

'If you're going to give her one you need to perform.' Tywin reminded him.

'What did you once call me? A drunken little lust filled beast?' Tyrion reminded him

'More than once.' Tywin agreed.

'There you have it I am the god of tits and wine I shall build a shrine to myself.'

'You can joke,' Tywin said pulling the glass from his lips 'you can engage in juvenile attempts to make your father uncomfortable but you will do your duty.' Tywin said walking away.

'Maybe he will drink himself drunk and fall asleep?" josie offered hopefully.

'I don't want to... with him!" sansa declared and hushed voices.

'I know my sweet sister, I'm so sorry, I am so sorry I couldn't fix this.' Josie told her as Joffrey stood up clearing his throat.

'Time for the bedding ceremony!' Joffrey declared.

'No,' Tyrion told him anger fueling him.

'There is if I say so, so Bedding ceremony!' Joffrey said happily. Tyrion stabbed his knife down into the table.

'then you'll be fucking your own bride with a wooden cock.' Tyrion threatened. Tywin stood up, clearing his throat, the room went silent.

'See he is already being protective.' Josie offered but sansa looked up at her weakly.

'What did you say to me?' Joffrey questioned 'What. Did. You. Say!'

''I believe we can dispense with the bedding your Grace I'm sure tyrion did not mean to threaten the king.' Tywin suggested calmly glancing over at Tyrion and Tyrion started to laugh.

'A bad joke your grace.' Tyrion said laughing releasing his hand that was clutched very tightly to his knife 'a small man's envy of your own royal manhood.. mine is so small my poor wife won't even know I'm there.' Tyrion added, the tension slowly faded from the room.

'Your uncle is clearly quite drunk your grace.' Tywin told him.

'I am.' Tyrion agreed. 'guilty.' He looked to sansa. 'come wife. I will tell you about the time I threw up on someone while fucking. It's a great story actually.' Sansa begrudgingly left. Her hand still reaching out for Josie.