99. Fighting Pits

The arena fell silent as all eyes were on the Queen.

"They're waiting for you." Hizdahr Danny she stared back at him with confusion. "Clap your hands." He instructed. Danny slowly raised her hands clapped once, making the arena erupted in cheers and applause as the fighting started.

"That one, the smaller man, no question, that's where you should put your money." Daario said with a smile.

"Are you really betting on men's lives?" Danny asked in disbelief,. Tyrion only glanced over at him, debating.

"The smaller man it is." Daario told him.

"I'm not putting my money anywhere." Danny grumbled.

"Kings and Queens never bet on the games. Perhaps you should go find someone who does." Hizdahr said snidely to Daario.

"People used to bet against me when I fought in the pits." Daario said. "He would have bet against me. Common novice mistake."

"I have spent much of my life in Meereen, and in my experience, larger men do triumph over smaller man, far more often than not." Hizdahr said.

"Has your experience ever involved any actual fighting? You, yourself, have you ever tried to kill a man that was trying to kill you?" Danny asked him. Hizdahr decided to stay silent. They watched the little man's head getting cut clean off, the winner screamed out in delight.

"So much for betting on the small." Danny muttered.

"You don't approve?" Hizdahr questioned.

"There's always been more than enough death in the world for my taste. I can do without it in my leisure time." Danny told him, "I've seen more than enough needless death to last me a lifetime." She add.

"Fair enough, yet, it's an unpleasant question, but what great thing has ever been accomplished without killing or cruelty?"

"It's easy to confuse 'what is' with' what ought to be'. Especially when 'what is' has worked in your favor." Danny told him and Hizdahr looked away embarrassed.

Jorah's cheek was sliced and his leg bleeding, his face cringed with pain and the fighting pits soldiers dueled while all around them the crowd cheered. But again Jorah fell his arm bleeding now as well a blade pointed to his chest he looked over at Danny.

'You can end this.' Tyrion told them

'She can't,' Hizdahr told them as the blade was coming down another soldier came stabbing the man in the back, he fell away from Jorah. Jorah picked up his sword as he prepared to fight the final man in the pit. Jorah ran up stabbing the man through the chest. Jorah stood the Victor before them the crowd booed. He stared at them moments longer his eyes narrowing in on something behind them he took a spear throwing it in between them stabbing a son of the Harpy. Daario pulled Danny side as neely spun around looking to the to Danny before the man dead pierced through the chest.

'Protect your queen!' Dario instructed as screams rang out madness insured as everyone was a victim stabbed in slice running for their lives, sonso fhte harpy popping up everwhere. Danny was circled by guards as Dario Jorah sliced down harpy getting too close she looked back at Danny to see her worried face.

'Your Grace come with me I know where-' HIzdahr began but he was torn down to stabbed in the chest he dropped

'Come on,' Jorah said jumping down to the fighting pits Jorah helped Danny as she was lowered Tyrion sliced the neck of a man about to attack Missy. They ran but the gates were sealed before they got out they were stuck in the fighting pits