70. Confess

Tyrion spoke up catching everyone's attention as Sansa was hyperventilating, Ellaria gripped Josie's hand keeping her in place she looked as though she was going to jump over the pews and murder the entire royal family.

"Father, I wish to confess. I wish to confess!' Tyrion declared.

'You wish to confess?" Tywin looked pleased as he leaned forward in the Iron Throne. Tyrion turned to the crowd.

"I saved you. I saved this city. All your worthless lives. I should have let Stannis kill you all." Everyone watching happily turned angry, yelling and shouting in outrage.

"Tyrion, do you wish to confess?" Tywin said loudly to get the crowd to quiet down and get his sons attention. Tyrion's eyes landed on his Shae.

"Yes, father. I'm guilty. Guilty. Is that what you want to hear?"

"You admit you poisoned the king?"

"No. Of that, I'm innocent, Sansa as well, she didn't kill Joffrey and I didn't kill Joffrey.' Tyrion assured them. 'I'm guilty of a far more monstrous crime. I'm guilty of being a dwarf." Tyrion informed him. Tywin scoffed.

"You are not on trial for being a dwarf." Tywin reminded him.

"Oh, yes I am. I've been on trial for that my entire life."

"Have you nothing to say in your defense?"

"Nothing but this... I did not do it." He then turned to Cersei, his anger bursting out of him, "I did not kill Joffrey, but I wish that I had! Watching your vicious bastard die gave me more relief than a thousand lying whores!" Tyrion then turned to the crowd his eyes ablaze with anger, Josie's jaw dropped as she hear tyrions words, sansa's eyes widened with horror they were surely going to die now.

"I wish I was the monster you think I am! I wish I had enough poison for the whole pack of you! I would gladly give my life to watch you all swallow it!" his audience started shouting again.

"Ser Meryn! Ser Meryn, escort the prisoner back to his cell!" Tywin shouted over the crowd. Tyrion glared with complete hatred towards his father.

"I will not give my life for Joffery's murder and I know I'll get no justice here, so I will let the gods decide my fate. I demand a trial by combat." The crowd erupted with anger shouts and cries demanding his head.

'SANSA DOES AS WELL!" Josie shouted. Sansa looked back at josie and Josie nodded.

"I demand a trial by combat as well.' Sansa said quietly.

'So be it.' Tywin said his glare turned to Josie. Sansa and Tyrion would live another day but still they felt defeated as they was escorted back to the dungeon.

+++

'Fetch Bronn I have a job for him.' Tyrion told podrick from inside of his cell

'I already asked my Lord and they won't allow him.' Podrick said

'Why not?'

'they say he's a known cutthroat.' Podrick told him 'and one of your close associates he's under investigation himself.'

'And my brother?'

Training with Jamie was fun, a blade up against the Lord's chest Bronn yanked off his golden hand smacked him over the face with it Jaime crumble to the ground.

'What the hell was that?' Jaime spout from the ground

'That was me kicking your ass to the dirt with your own hand.' Bronn said tossing it back to him.

'you are a rare talent when you're fighting cripples anyway.' Jaime noted

'when you learn to fight like a good little boy I'm sure that thrust through the mad king's back was as pretty as a picture do you want to fight pretty?' Bronn questioned 'or you want to win?'

'You talk to my brother this way?'

'All the time he got used to it.' bronn told him. 'Do you think he did it?' Bronn questioned.

'No.' Jaime honestly confidently, 'you?'

'Nah' Bronn said sitting down 'he hated the little twat sure but who didn't? And poison is not his style or murder for that matter... don't think the little girl did it either although she had good reason to want him dead. Snowflake though I wouldn't put it past her, she is fire in her, wouldn't want to cross her...'

'Snow didn't kill Joffrey.' Jaime said confidently.

'do you wanna know for sure? why don't you ask him?' then bronn realized. 'You haven't been to see him yet.'

'We're done for today.' Jaime said walking away

'Your brother ever tell you how I came in to his service?' Bronn asked

'You stood for him in a trial by combat good for you.' Jaime answered distracted.

'Right but only when lady Aryn demanded that the trial took place that day you were his first choice he named you for his champion because he knew you would ride day and night to come fight for him are you going to fight from now?' Bronn questioned.