92. Ghost

Margaery spent a lot of her time reading

'Your Grace what are we reading today?' Your Grace Margaery thought bitterly, she made sure she was seen by the sparrow at the sept. But instead of her rags she wore her fine dresses and a crown adorned on her head. She was playing a new kind of game now a new set of lies but her life depended on it this time.

'The book of the mother your Holiness chapter 3 verse 12.'

'As water around the stones smooth.' he began

'Smooth and what was jagged.' Margaery added 'so does a woman's love, man's brute nature wife sells her husband's work Wounds and a mother sings her son to sleep.' she said turning to him her hands clasped in front of her as she said the verse by memory

'You learn quickly. There are some who know every verse of the sacred text and don't have a drop of the mother's mercy and their are blood and savages who can't read it at all yet understand the father's wisdom,' the sparrow told her

'For years I pretended to love the poor the afflicted I had pity for them but... I never loved them,' she admitted 'they disgusted me.'

'They are hard to love.' he admitted 'the poor disgust us because they are us as, strip off our illusions they show us what we look like without our fine clothes what we would smell like without perfume.' He sat down looking up to her. 'Can I ask you about a personal matter?"

'Of course.' she answered sitting down next to him

'The King mentioned that since your reunion you haven't joined me in the marriage bed.'

'No.' she admitted

'You have a duty your Grace to your husband your king your country to the gods themselves.' He reminded her

'It's just... The desires that once drove me no longer do,' she told him

'Congress does not require desire on a woman's part only patience.' the sparrow told her 'the king must have an heir if we are to continue our good work.' she nodded understanding

'Forgive me sometimes the true path is hard to find.'

'Hard to find and harder still to walk.' he told her 'but you've made great progress. I only pray your grandmother follow your lead.'

'My grandmother...'

'she has to confess.' He told her as he walked away. 'yes the queen of thorns is remarkable woman a strong woman and unrepentant sinner you must teach her the new way as she taught you the old or I fear for her safety. Body and soul.'

+

'Does it move or talk?' Olena sneered up at the septa as she stared down at them 'I want to speak with you alone.'

'Septa Unela has been my true friend and counselor.' Margaery told her grandmother

'This is madness.' she said standing up from the table pulling her granddaughter way the septa followed 'you are not in your sanctuary now my dear all I have to do is whistle in my men were strolling here and bash your-'

'Grandmother!' Margaery declared

'-head in until I tell them to stop.' she went on 'if I tell them to stop.' she corrected 'you could use a good bashing.'

'Grandmother please.'

'What have they done to you?' She questioned sitting down across from her

'You marched against the high sparrow against the faith.'

'We marched for you.' she corrected

'The God's are going to punish you and father but they didn't they showed mercy.'

'What of your brother what Mercy did they show him?"

'Loras only hope is to confess his crime and repent if he does the faith will allow him to return the high garden you'll have to renounce his name and title-' Margaery reiterated.

'Have you lost your mind?' Olena demanded her granddaughter

'He will get to live with his life.'

'He Is an heir to high garden with Garland not having children and I don't know if I scared Josie away dammit he is one of my last chances to continue the family line we're not mucking that up.'

'He can begin again-'

'As a mindless fanatic.'

'as a freeman.' Margaery corrected

'You will leave for high garden today.' Olena told her 'there is no law that says you must stay here.'

'I am the queen.' Margaery reminded her 'it is my duty to serve my husband the king.' she came around the table kneeling before her grandmother 'but you should leave grandmother your place is at home.'

'I will never leave you .'

'you must.' Margaery said putting a note in her grandmother's hand very discreetly 'go home.' she begged 'find comfort in prayer and good works the mother watches over us all.' she said rising Olena gripped the note in her hand.

'I'll see you soon my dear.' she said hugging Margaery goodbye

'Seven blessings to your grandmother she replied on command as Olena walked out the room 'shall we pray?" she asked septa unla. Once alone Olena opened up the note the sigil their house sigil a rose was drawn. Her margaery was still in there.

++

"Woah, woah,' Josie said getting off her horse, Willas rode in a carriage, his leg not good on a horse he peered out. Sansa sat across from him.

"What's going on?" Sansa called.

'Ghost... hey boy.' Josie whispered kneeling before him. 'its me honey.' She coed. 'its Josie...'

'Josie please be careful.' Sansa said seeing the direwolf.

"Ghost wont hurt me.' she whispered as Willas and Sansa stared at her from the carriage.

'what is she doing?" Willas asked.

'that's Ghost, her direwolf. But she hasn't seen him since before witnerfell... she is going to get her face ripped off.' Sansa remarked.

'Hey boy, its me.' josie reached out a hand and ghost smelled her, he leap onto her and sansa shrieked out. 'Ghost.' Josie warned but he kissed her face and she could breathe again. 'I missed you!" she declared hugging him tight. "Sansa, he remembers!" Josie exclaimed, she looked to the other wolves only to see Nymeria. 'Nymeria.' Josie whispered 'come here girl.' Ghost looked back at her a howl on his lips, Nymeria echoed before approaching. 'Hey sweet thing, now we just need to find arya.' Josie told them as they greeted her the rest of the wolves left however, not wanting to deal with humans. 'Ghost meet Willas, Willas Ghost and Nymeria.' Josie introduced as willas and sansa got out of the carriage.

'Hello,' Willas said reaching out a hand carefully. Ghost looked to Josie, who nodded reassuringly before Ghost sniffed Willas.

"Good boy,' Josie coed petting his head. She missed him, everything was right on track, they would get the boys and arya and then deal with what Olenna had told her about fate and destiny and her blood line.