16. If you are going to fight... Win

'Does ser hugh Have any family in the capital'

'No.' Ser Barriston said as ser hugh was sewn back together after a joust went through his neck at the tournament 'I gave a vigil to him last night he had no one else.'

'He never wore this helmet before.' Ned noted

'Bad luck for him going against the Mountain.'

'Who determines the draw?' Ned questioned

'All the knights draw straws.' Barriston told him.

'Who holds the straws? You've done good work sisters,' ned said as they cleaned up the dead knight.

'Life is strange not so many years ago we fought as enemies at the trident.' Barriston remarked.

'I'm glad we never met on the field Ser barriston.' Ned remarked.

'You are too modest I've seen you cut down a dozen red knights.' Barriston informed him.

'My father once told me you were the best he's ever seen. I never knew the man to be wrong about matters of combat.' Ned told him

'He was a fine man, your father... bad business with the mad king though it was a terrible crime.'

'That knight was a squire up until a few months ago... how can you afford a suit of armor?' Ned questioned as they walked.

'Perhaps his Lord had left him some money? I heard that the king wants to joust today.' Barriston remarked.

'That will never happen.' Ned remarked

'The king tends to do what he wants.'

''If the king got what he wanted all the time we would still be fighting a rebellion.' Ned told him

+++

'Ser loras!' Josie called out after the tournament

'My lady.' He said looking her over. She was sat next to the starks he assumed her a stark as well

'Just Josie.' She told him

'Stark?'

'No. Snow. Josie Snow. But i was just coming to say congratulations and that petyr bealish is telling everyone you cheated but he also put money on Gregor,' josie told him 'and who listens to slime like him anyways?' She teased and loras laughed.

'Thank you for that.' Loras told her happily. 'What can I do for you?'

'Oh well I'm going to high garden soon. I leave tomorrow actually and i wanted to know-'

'Ride with me!' Loras declared

'What?'

'I'm heading home. Ride with me.' Loras told her

'Oh, I couldn't I just meant to ask if I would be allowed in? Or if I needed –'

'No no my grandmother would adore you. Come with me we can get to know each other. Keep an eye on each other on the road.' Loras told her

'Well... sure thank you. I'm sure my father would appreciate that.' Josie admitted

'Ned stark?'

'Yes.' Josie told him. Loras knew how valuable it was to have northern strength on their side but for some reason his grandmother wanted him to get close to Josephine. He didn't understand why considering the girl was a bastard but his grandmother insisted that if he were to meet the Stark's that he met Josie. It turned out she already wanted to come to high garden so grandmother was going to get exactly what she wanted. But he didn't know why. She kept him in the dark. But it didn't matter because everything was going according to plan anyways. Josie was coming to high garden and if they left tomorrow they would make it in time for their own tournament.