79. Cedric

'I think hes less than a week old'. Willas told her as she knelt before the baby bird.

'Do you know what kind it is?' Josie questioned reaching a gentle hand out for it. The bird immediately opened its mouth wide to her wanting food

'It is a Cedar waxwing,' he told her

'Have you named it?' Josie questioned.

'Not yet,' he told her 'would you like to?'

'Could I?' He nodded 'how about... Cedric. Cedric the Cedar waxwing'

'I love it.' Willas told her. 'Do you want to feed him? I've been feeding him berries little bits and pieces of berries.' Willas mashed up the blueberry putting part of it on his pinky finger and putting it into the birds mouth Cedric suckled on his finger getting the blueberry off. He opened his mouth wide again ready for more. Willas held out his hand for Josie the mushed blueberry in it and she took it from his hand putting it on the tip of her finger she put her finger in Cedric's mouth and he sucked the blueberry off. He opened his mouth wide again trilling to them for more

'How do you know when he's had enough?' Josie questioned

'Well you see that pouch right there,' he questioned running a handle on the little birds throat.

'Yes.'

'That is called the crop and then the gizzard. Its like a second stomach. The crop stores in and the gizzard breaks it up.' Willas told her.

'A second stomach thats so cool,' Josie told him. cedric looked betwen them mouth open wide trilling as he demanded food.

'So that stores the food. You see how it's bulging a little bit,' she nodded as he adjusted the bird in his hands. 'once that bulge is bigger I know that he has had enough. Usually mother birds will go back-and-forth and back-and-forth all day even all night sometimes only getting a bug or two for each of the babies so they never get as much food as I would give them at once but that's how I know that he's lying when he claims that he wants more.' Willas informed her and it was strange, no one had ever taken an interest in his hobbies before, in him before just Josie was fascinated, she listened intently and liked being with him.

'He's lucky you found him.' Josie remarked.

'The hounds found his nest unfortunately. But I was able to Save one.' Willas told her.

Oberyn had gotten in his head. He wasnt expiranced. He was a crippled and spent more time with animals than people. What would someone as vibrant and adventurous as josie want with him. But it was like she read his mind.

'You think you are broken but youre not.' Josie told him 'and even if you were i would love every piece of you...'

Cerdric trilled happily his wings flapping as he begged for food. Josie smashed the berries between her fingers giving him little pieces he continued the flap and thrill as though he was smiling up at her. He fell asleep on her lap closing his eyes and sinking down contently. Willas was speechless.

++

'Why are we on a merchant boat with no sails?' Bronn questioned

'This ship is sailing to old town and then we will get onto another boat it will take us south of there and we will ride up to Dorne by the night.' Jaime told him.

'Have you ever been to Dorne?' Bronn questioned

'No.' jaime answered

'I have. The dornish are crazy. All they wanna do is fight and fuck and fuck and fight.'

'So you should be happy to go back there.' Jaime remarked.

'There's nothing like a good fight to get you in the mood.' Bronn agreed 'for fucking and there's nothing like a fuck mad Dornish girl to tickle your head for the next fight the two work together and we're going to be doing a lot of fighting for sure well I am but I don't imagine we'll get to stick around for the rest not after we've kidnapped their princess.'

'We are not kidnapping the princess.' Jamie clarified 'we are rescuing my niece and bring her back to her family.'

'Your niece?' Jamie stare at him moment longer 'I've been doing this thing a long time and I'm good at it.'

'That's why you were here.' Jamie told him

'I know but why are you here why not send 40 of me or an army unlike most folks you actually got one.' Bronn reminded him.

'Because I don't want to start a war.' Jaime told him

'That doesn't explain what you're doing here.' Bronn told him

'It has to be me.' Jamie told him

'If I am putting a list together a one-handed man who happens to be one of the most recognizable faces in Westeros...'

'It has to be me.' Jaime told him

'You set your brother free didn't you? I bet your sister did not like that.' bronn told him smugly.

'Varys set him free.' jaime corrected

'Well... If you ever see the wee fucker give him my regards.' Bronn said settling in it was going to be a long journey.

'He murdered my father.' Jaime reminded him 'if I ever see him I will split them into and then I will give him your regards.'

++

'Hey mama O sorry i didnt come sooner,' josie said as she hugged olenna

'Thats alright you and willas were catching up.' Olenna assured.

'why did you sat it like that?' Josie asked skeptically

'Like what dear?'

'All scandalous like,' josie remarked

'I did no such thing... but even if you did I wouldnt mind." Olenna told her and Josie tried to hide her blush. 'That boy has been smitten with you since the moment he first saw you.' Olenna told her. 'You could reach him a thing or two but hes a quick learner-'

'Mama O!' Josie shouted her face flushed with color

'What? He can make you so happy-' olenna encouraged

'He already does.' Josie assured

'He could-'

'Sansa! Come say hello to lady olenna. She is in a talkitive mood.' Josie encouraged

'Hello my sweet come sit.' Olenna said wrapping an arm around sansa. 'Our josie has a date with her destiny.'

'destiny is it?' Josie countered

'Go in. Willas has some surprise for you.'

'Way to ruin the surprise,' josie remarked

'I didnt tell you what it was,' olenna reminded her

'Go on. I'll be fine,' sansa assured to off josie went.