8. Farewell snow

'Mother was looking for you. We ride for Kings Landing today.' Joffrey told Tyrion after a long night of drinking and fucking away his last night at Winterfell he found himself in the stables, he looked up to see Joffrey smirking down at him, sandor told a dutiful servant behind Joffrey.

'Before you go you will call upon the Lord and Lady Stark and offer them your deepest sympathies' Tyrion told him.  Josie was checking on her horse, cleaning out his hooves when she saw the prince make his way outside.

'What good are my sympathies?' Joffrey sneered.

'None but it is expected of you, your absences already been noted.' Tyrion told him.

'The boy means nothing to me and I can't stand the wailing of women-' tyrion slapped him across the face. Josie's jaw dropped as she watched, Joffrey clutched at his face, appalled.

'One word and I hit you again' Tyrion threatened.

'I'm telling mother!' so Tyrion hit him again, a laugh was stuck on Josie's lips as she watched wide eyed. This was better than theater.

'Go. Tell her, but first you will go to lady and lord stark fall upon your knees in front of them and tell them you are very sorry that you are at their service and all your prayers are with them. Do you understand?' Tyrion instructed.

'You can't!' Joffrey cried out and Tyrion slapped him again

'Do you understand?' Joffrey stormed off.

'the prince will remember that little lord,' sandor told him.

'I hope so.' Tyrion told him 'if he forgets be a good dog and remind him.' Tyrion smiled up at Josie. "Enjoy the show Snow?'

'Maybe the capitol wont be boring after all.' Josie noted heading inside to say her goodbye.

'Stick with me you gorgeous bastard, I wont steer you wrong.'

'I don't know, the slapping of the prince shows otherwise.' Josie mused with a laugh as she disappeared.

++

'I came to say goodbye to Bran.' Josie said coming in, seeing Catelyn crying over Bran. She barely left his side.

'You've said it.' Catelyn said annoyed as Josie hesitantly approached the bed

'I wish I could be here when you wake up.' Josie told a sleeping bran 'I'm going south with Father and then I'm going to explore the westeros...' Catelyn looked up to Josie with teary eyes not for Josie but for her son. Josie knelt before Bran, 'I know we always talked about seeing the water gardens together but you will be able to come and visit me when you're better I'll know my way around  the south by then.' Josie told him.

'I want you to leave.' Catelyn said through clenched teeth they both looked at the door to see Ned. Josie got up and pressed a kiss to Brans forehead before heading out Ned closed the door behind Josie. Ned approached his wife taking slow steps before sitting down next to her.

'17 years ago you rode off with Robert Baratheon, you came back a year later with another woman's daughter and now you're leaving again!' cat told him exasperatedly.

'I have no choice.' Ned told her

'That's what they always say, all our goals but that's what you tell your family, tell your son... you do have a choice.' cat told him 'and you've made it.'

'Cat-' he said reaching her but she pushed him away

'I can't do it.' she told him 'I really can't'

'You can, you must.' he told her before heading out himself.

+++++++

'You said goodbye to Bran?' robb questioned coming up to Josie, they were headed out, Robb was to be the new lord of winterfell in his father's absence.  'He's not going to die I know it.' Robb told her.

'You starks are hard to kill.' Josie remarked

'My mother?'

'She was very kind.' Josie lied. 'Norther hospitality at its finest.' Josie added.

'I'm sure she was... Next time I see you you'll be a southern woman, flowers in your hair and long flowing dresses?' Robb remarked as Josie saddled her horse

'Me? in a dress? Ha.' Josie told him.

'Father said you are going to go south, farther south then Kings landing.' Robb remarked.

'I am.' She agreed.

'Be careful.' Robb told her.

'you worried about little ole me?' Josie teased.

'I know you can handle yourself.' Robb told her. 'Farewell snow.'

'And you Stark.' they shared a warm embrace, Robb pressed a kiss to his sisters head before Robb headed off.