46. Have fun

'Dinner with the royals... have fun.' Josie teased running off to find sansa. Margaery watched her go.

"When I'm queen,' Margaery called after her.

'I will suffer through all the meals with you and your husband if you wish.' Josie called over her shoulder. 'but you will be sick of my sass.' Josie warned.

'Your Grace,' Margaery said as they were waiting for the King's arrival. Loras and Garlan were there as well, waiting patiently.

'Sit sit I do apologize,' Joffrey told them 'my lady a small council meetings at what point does it become treason to waste the kings time.' Joffrey remarked sitting down Margaery kept a smile on her face. 'That's a lovely down my lady.' Joffrey told her happily raking his eyes over her, looking at the thin fabric, no sleeves, deep cut on her neck.

'Yes it suits you perfectly.' Cersei said 'I imagine you might be rather cold.'

'The climate is a bit more forgiving back in high garden your grace.' Margaery told them.

'Should I have them bring you a shawl my lady?'

'I'm touched by your concern your grace but luckily for us Tyrells our blood runs quite warm doesn't it brothers?" she questioned looking to her brothers stood like statues waiting to be invited to sit.

'Yes.' Garlan agreed simply.

'Loras isn't the queens gown magnificent,' Margaery went on 'the fabric the embroidery the metal work I've never seen anything like it.'

'I find a bit of armor quite useful once you become queen... perhaps before. Joffrey tells me you stopped your carriage in flea bottom on your way back from the sept.' Cersei recalled.

'Yes,' Margaery agreed 'I paid a visit to an orphanage the high septon told me about.'

'Margaery does a great deal of work with the poor back in high garden.' Loras added.

'The lowest of the lowest or no different from the highest if you give them a chance,' Margaerye told them 'and approach them with an open heart.'

'An open heart is what you're getting flea bottom if you're not careful my dear.' Cersei told them, 'not long ago we were attacked by a mob there we had a full complement of guards and it did not stop them. The king barely escaped with his life-'

'My mother has always had a penchant for drama,' Joffrey said nonchalantly. 'The truth becomes less and less important to her as she grows older. Our lives were never truly in any danger.'

'You're right of course you are your fathers son,' Cersei said bitterly, but she forced a smile.

'We can't all have a Kings bravery.' Margaery remarked and the siblings shared a look of knowing.

'Hunger turns men into beasts I'm glad house Tyrell has been able to help in these regards.' Margaery went on. 'they tell me 100 wagons arrive daily from the Reech, wheat barley apples we've had a blessed harvest and of course it's our duty to assist the capital in a time of need.'

'Well as Ser Loras, said Lady Margaery has done this sort of... charitable work before,' Joffrey said 'I'm sure she knows what she's doing.'

'I'm sure she does.' Cersei agreed

+++

Tywin sat at the head of the table as the other masters followed in taking their seats. Tyrion, and Cersei took the seats as well but Cersei moved her chair to sit at her father's right side. Tyrion took his chair and moved it as well, it scraped along the floor to the opposite end head of the table.

'Intimate. Lovely. The table And chairs are better than the old small council chamber conveniently closer to your own quarters. I like it.' Tyrion noted getting comfortable.

'What news of Jaime?' Tywin said looking around the table '20,000 unwashed northerners have known about the escape for weeks, collectively you control more spies and informants than the rest of the world combined.' Tywin reminded them getting more and more aggravated by the moment. 'do you mean to tell me that none of you have any motion of where he is?"

'We are trying my Lord' Varys said 'there's the-'

'Try harder.' he demanded 'what do we have then?'

'Robb stark and most of his Bannerman are in the riverrunn for the funeral of his grandfather Lord Tully and in the starks absence Bolton holds Harrenhal. Which would seem to make him Lord of Harrenhal in practice if not in-'

'The name suits our purposes, more on that useless pile of rubble the Lord of Harrenhal will make a worthy suitor for the widow Ayryn.' Tywin told Petyr.

'For which I am extremely grateful to you my lord...' Petyr said 'Lady Aryn and I have known each other since we were children she has always been positively predisposed towards me-'

'Make it work, Lord Baelish.' Tywin snapped.

'Titles do seem to breed titles.' Petyr acknowledged.

'You will leave for the erie as soon as possible and bring lysa aryn into the fold and the young wolf can add the Aryns to the list of people who is taking up arms against him.' Tywin informed him.

'Far be it for me to hinder true love,' tyrion added 'but Lord Baelish's absence would present certain problems the royal wedding may end up being the most expensive event in living memory. Summer has ended hard days are a head. It is not a good time to leave the kings crowns finances unattended.' Tyrion reminded them.

'Fully agreed' Pycelle said

'Which is why I'm naming you new master of coin' tywin told him.

'Master of coin?' Tyrion questioned

'it seems to me that is the best position that suits your talents.' Tywin added smugly .

'No I'm quite good at spending money.' Tyrion reminded him, 'but a lifetime of outrageous spending has not taught me about managing it.'

'I have no doubt he will prove equal to this challenge.' Cersei told him.

++

'You... oh my... Seriously?' Josie questioned in hushed voices as Margaery and her walked the gardens.

'It was difficult. Loras had an easy time turning him on.' Margaery said annoyed.

'well the king certainly likes you.' Josie remarked.

'Renly declared himself king but he wasn't.' Margaery said bitterly.

'and you will be the queen. THE QUEEN!" Josie declared.

'I was thinking of Loras for Sansa,' Margaery admitted.

'Can he fake it?' Josie questioned.

'He can and he will. She would never know.' Margaery assured.

'Good I wont have her struggling in a loveless marriage.' Josie told her. 'she needs to find love, real love and she thinks Loras is the most handsome-''

'He is handsome.' Margaery remarked.

'Very much so,' Josie agreed.

'but you like older man with dark hair and dark eyes, a mystery.'

'Loras is not a mystery to me because you tell me all his secrets.' Josie remarked.

'True,' Margaery said with a laugh.