31. Not stark

Tyrion was whistling through the halls victoriously after his conversation with cersei, he was on top of the damn world. A high he rode out for days but he heard the laughter of Shae coming from his room only to see her with Varys, his smile dropped.

'my Lord.' Varys said standing up

'You make me wait a long time but your friend keeps me company.' Shae told him, still smiling.

'We were just speaking of your bravery in the war against the stark auxiliary forces.' Varys informed Tyrion.

'It was quite the battle' Tyrion agreed looking curiously at shae but she just smiled mischievously.

'I heard you suffered a terrible head injury,' varys went on. 'the Northerners are such fierce warriors.'

'And I told him the story of how we met.' Shae told him

'To find such a lovely creature working in your father's kitchens... it almost beckons belief.' Varys told him

'Strange things do happen...' Tyrion agreed 'you should taste her fish pie.'

'I don't think lord varys likes fish pie.' Shae said confidently.

'How can you tell?' varys said smiling happily.

'I can always tell.' Shae said smugly.

'But Lord varys I cannot let our disadvantages get the best of us we can make a fisherman of him yet.' Tyrion said nervously. Shae knew not to trust anyone in the capital. Not even Tyrion.

'I am glad our new friend had accompanied you to the capital... friends are such an important part of life... Unfortunate that your father did not want her to come but rest easy my Lord I am very good at keeping secrets from my good friends.' Varys told him smugly

'Your discretion is legendary,' Tyrion told him 'where your friends are concerned...'

'How unspeakable of me to go on and on when all you want to do is rest.' Varys smiled down at shae. 'I will leave you.' Varys said kissing her hand. 'welcome to Kings Landing my dear, the city is made brighter by your presence...' varys turned his attention to Tyrion. 'We have a council meeting my Lord.'

'I don't like threats.' Tyrion warned holding the door closed.

'Well who threatened you?' varys questioned ignorantly.

'I am not Ned Stark I know how this game is played.' Tyrion reminded him.

'Ned Stark was a man of honor and-'

'And I am not.' Tyrion reminded him. 'threaten me again and I will have you thrown into the sea.' slowly he removed his hand from the door but Varys pushed a finger against holding it close now

'You may see poor results, the storms come and go the big fish eat the little fish and I keep on paddling come my Lord...' he said opening the door 'we should not keep the queen waiting.'               

++

'Sansa? Arya?' Josie jumped off her horse and was running like a mad woman through the capitol but she was intercepted by guards and knights of the king. 'What's the meaning of this?' she declared, pulling her arms trying to free herself.

'Stop fussing girl.' Sandor told her.

"What's going on?' she hissed. 'where are my sisters?'

'Stop fussing,' sandor repeated pulling her away from the other knight.

"Sandor where are they? You are scaring me.' Josie told him.

"the little bird is fine, the littlest one got away.' Sandor told her.