95. Rickon

After ramsey refused a one on one he sneered down at them, the smuggest of looks on his twitchy face.

'look at my army Snow. Look at yours.' Ramsey told Josie. 'why would I fight you when I know with almost complete certainty that you will lose... but if you surrender, give sansa stark to me and she will be my wife, she can even come home.' Ramsey sneered.

'I want proof that Rickon is alive.' Josie demanded. Ramsey nodded and one of his men brought forward the severed head of Rickons direwolf, Shaggydog. A gasp of horror escaped Josie's lips as she looked at Shaggy dog. Why did everyone want to take heads? It didn't make any sense, they were not some trophy. She had heard that the Frey men had sewn Robbs head... onto Greys... Josie heard Ghost growling at her side, Nymeria too as they saw their dead little mate. She turned away from Shaggy dog, trying to breathe. But her breath was stuck in her lungs. Willas held her face in his hands.

'Whatever you decide.' Willas told her. 'we back you.' He kissed her forehead. 'my queen.' He whispered and she nodded turning back around.

'We refuse your offer of surrender.' Josie told him.

'you are going to die, Ramsey. Tomorrow.' Sansa informed him storming off.

Willas cradled Josie to him as she tried to breathe, they were so close yet so fuckig far and rickon must be so scared. Willas didn't say anything just rubbed a calming hand against her back.

'I want to see him. We have to get him back.' Josie told Willas taking a steading breath. 'he is probably so scared... all alone... in the hands of people trying to...' she didn't feel brave or strong. She felt fragile. She felt her heart breaking all over again. 'we have to get him back.' josie told him as Willas wiped at her eyes.

'We will. We will get them all back.' Willas told her. 'Bran and Arya and Rickon.'

++

The armies gather the following morning but Ramsay brought out Rickon.

'Rickon, he's here,' Josie said looking out onto the field. She stepped forward her heart raced in her chest, he was so tall, such a handsome boy, her boy. Ramsey was telling Rickon that they were playing a game. Josie stepped forward, she jumped on a horse riding towards rickon.

'Rickon.' Josie called and he offered her a scared smile as he walked, taking hesitant steps away from ramsey. Ramsey told Rickon to run towards Josie and Rickon did. Rickon saw Josie in the distance Riding towards him. He saw josie, riding fast, so Rickon ran.

'Rickon!' Josie screamed out, she rode but she was too damn far.

'JOJO!!" rickon shouted as he ran. Ramsay brought out a bow.

"Come on!' Josie begged slapping the ringhs, Josie desperately rode out on a horse to try to save Rickon, as Ramsay fired arrows at him. Ramsay appeared to have no intention of hitting Rickon with his few shots missing shooting around him making rickon jump in fear but he kept running.

Rickon ran. He ran to josie as faat as he could.

'Rickon!' She shouted her horse running and running. Ramsey smirked aiming his bow all around rickon. Josie wasnt about to lose another brother though. She pulled her own arrow free her arrow soared through the air. Ramsey faultered back bow still in hand as he looked down at the arrow rammed into his chest. Josie jumped down pulling rickon to her blocking him but no arrows came she glanced back to see ramsey fall to his knees before dropping to his face. Josie pulled her horse around blocking rickon from the bolton soldiers

'Your lord bolton is dead.' Josie declared 'Surrend now and none of you have to die!' Josie declared. 'Lay down your weapons and give back winterfell and you leave with your lives.' Josie informed them. 'No more blood need be spilled.' The boltons army looked around before dropping down their weapons. They didnt fight for Ramsey anyway. He was a squirrely bastard. They werent about to try and take down this bastards army.

'Jojo you saved me,' rickon said hugging her tight.

+

'You did amazing, natural born leader.' Willas told her as Rickon hugged Sansa.

'To the queen of the north!" Alfie declared and soon they were all chanting as the boltons cleared out of winterfell any resistance was killed by the Tyrell army.

'Queen of the north! Queen OF THE NORTH!' as Josie was crowned Queen of the north but she didn't care for a title, she got Rickon back.