14. As was I

'I'm sorry my Lord we are filled up every room.'

'My men can sleep in the stable as for myself I do not require a large room.' Tyrion insisted.

'Sincerely my Lord we have nothing.'

'Is there nothing I can do...' Tyrion said knocking a coin on the table 'to remedy this?'

'You can have my room.' Bronn said

'There's a clever man.' Tyrion said tossing him the coin. His eyes scanned the room, landing on none other than Catelyn stark. 'Pleasure to see you again my lady.' Tyrion said kindly bowing to her but Catelyn did not look happy to see him one bit. Soon she was calling upon all the men from all different houses to stand and defend her. the noised of swords being draw in their direction caused Tyrion to startle.

"Lady stark,' Tyrion said with a hint of bitterness and his guards were incapacitated. They were dragged away from the inn, still tried and hungry from their journey but not going to get rest anytime soon.

++++++

'You said we were going to Winterfell but we are headed in the wrong direction.' Tyrion remarked.

'I did and loudly.' Catelyn agreed.

'Very clever of you Catelyn... they'll be looking for me in all the wrong places but word has probably gotten to my father by now and he'll be offering a handsome reward.' Tyrion reminded the guards. 'Everyone knows a Lannister always pays his debts... would you be so good just untie me?'

'Why would I do that?' Catelyn questioned incredulously. Bronn was sharpening his sword looking over at the little lord he could get a nice penny off of returning him safely

'Why not?' Tyrion suggested 'am I going to run? the hill tribes would kill me for my boots unless a shadow cat-'

'Shadow cats and hill tribes are the least of your worries.' Catelyn assured him.

'The eastern road...' Tyrion noted the trail ahead of them. 'we are going to the veil you're taking me to your sister to answer from my imagined crimes.' Tyrion said letting out a huff of a breath. 'tell me lady stark when was the last time you saw your sister?' tyrion asked

'Many years ago.' She admitted.

'She has changed.' Tyrion informed her, 'she has always been a bit touchy but now you might as well kill me here.'

'I am not a murderer Lannister.'

'Neither am I.' Tyrion exclaimed. 'I have nothing to do with the attempt of your son's life.' Tyrion told her.

'The dagger found-'

'What imbecile arms an assassin with his own blade?' Tyrion reminded her.

'Can I gag him?' one of catelyns men suggested.

'Why am I starting to make sense?' tyrion questioned.

++

Tyrion watched in horror his hands still bound as the soldiers fought the attack

'Untie me! if I die what's the point ?' Tyrion told Catelyn and she untied him. Bronn was fighting bravely slashing down men after men. Bronn sliced the throat open of one of the men while Tyrion bashed in the head of another with a shield.

'Was that your first?' Bronn questioned, Tyrion nodded looking down to the body. 'we need a woman I always feel like a woman after a good fight.' Bronn told him

'Well I'm willing if she is.' Tyrion said, they both shared a laugh looking around the mess around them. But Catelyn still had a mission a vendetta. They made their way to the veil.

+++++++

'Sister,' Lysa said vindictively. 'what brings you all the way to the veil?'

'I have come to request your judgement on this criminal.' A guard pushed Tyrion forward.

'Who do you bring forth to the lady of the veil?' the woman sat with a boy clung to her tit like a lifeline. 'what has he done?' she spat.

'He tried to have my son Brandon killed!' Catelyn screamed.

'That is entirely false I assure you.' Tyrion began.

'Enough!' Lysa snapped, removing the boy from her tit. 'so you do not plead guilty for the crimes you have committed?'

'I have committed many a crimes, none of which involved any of the starks." But after today he was sure to kill Catelyn if he survived.

"How do you plead?'

'Innocent.' Tyrion said. 'I am innocent.'

'so be it.' Lysa spat. 'send him to a sky cell. See if that won't change his answer.'

++

'You ready? You ready? You ready?' Josie said practically bouncing.

'Josie dearest you really wish to leave me?' Ned teased

'No.' she said coming up to him.

'But you are excited.'

"Of course!' she exclaimed. 'father this is just.. I have no words for the excitement filling me right now.' josie told him. 'So lets go!' She pulled him towards the door but the door swung open stopping her in her tracks she stepped back as the queen entered.

'My Lord,' a man came in pulling neds attention to the door as well, Josie took a step behind Ned as he held to her hand. 'your grace, the queen.' he announced before walking away and the queen walked in.

'Your Grace.' Ned said stiffly.

'Your grace.' Josie echoed.

'you're missing your tournament' cersei reminded him sparing a glance at josie.

'Just because it's in my name does not make it mine.' Ned told her.

'Of course,' she agreed looking around the Hand's office.

'We were headed there now.' Josie added.

'I thought we might put what happened on the Kings Road behind us,' Cersei offered 'the argument with the wolves... the need to kill the beast was extreme.' she admitted 'but sometimes we go to extremes when our children are concerned.'

'couldn't agree more.' Ned said holding tight to Josie's hand.

'How is Sansa?'

'Well she likes it here' ned admitted.

'It seems she is the only stark that does, she favors the south like her mother not much of the north and her-' ceresi went on.

'What are you doing here?' Ned questioned.

'I might ask the same of you.' Cersei said taking threatening steps forward her heels clicking on the ground 'what is it you hope to accomplish?'

'The king called on me to serve him and the realm and that is what I will do until he tells me otherwise.' Ned informed her. Josie looked between them, what was her father up to?

'You can't change him you can't help him.' Cersei informed him 'he will do what he wants what he's only ever done. You will do your best to pick up the pieces.'

'If that is my job then so be it.' Ned said confidently.

'You were just a soldier, you take your orders and you carry on. I suppose it makes sense your older brother was charged to lead and you were charged to follow.' Cersei mocked

'I was also trying to kill my enemies your grace.'

'As was I.' she informed him before turning away mischievous look in her eyes

'Come on Josie,' Ned said wrapping an arm around her shoulders. 'Lets go.'

'After this you promised I could leave.' Josie reminded him in case he forgot within the past three minutes.

"After the tournament, you can leave tomorrow.' Ned confirmed and Josie held the largest of smiles on her face as they walked.