91. No other way

'Is there no other way?'

'You're afraid for her.' the high sparrow questioned

'of course I'm afraid for her.' Tommen said annoyed 'it just seems very dangerous.'

'She'll be protected the entire way. the Faith militant are very stern with those to overstep their bounds. And queen Margaery isn't your mother I suspect the gods were predisposed the common people to gentleness on her behalf she's truly opened her heart to them.'

'She's always been very devoted to the poor and unfortunate.' Tommen agreed.

'And now she's devoted to the gods as well.' the sparrow told him as they walked through the septa 'would you like to see her?'

Margaery was allowed to leave her cell but she was not allowed to leave she sat reading the gospel when the door opened and Tommem walked in she dropped her book down immediately and hugged him.

'Have they hurt you? Have they mistreated you?' Tommen questioned

'No your grace,' Margaery answered.

'I've missed you.' Tommen told her 'more than you could know.

'We will be together soon and everything will be better than it was before.' Margaery told him

'But how soon? The walk of atonement...' he told her 'he says there's no other way.'

'Have you spoken to him at all? The high sparrow?'

'Yes a few times.' Tommen agreed 'have you?'

'Yes I have he's not quite what we thought he was is he?' Margaery questioned and Tommen stared at her. 'Do you think I'm mad? I sound mad.' she admitted turning away from him

'No no you don't you could never you're right he's not he's a lot more...'

'He is.' she agreed 'there's something about him his way of looking at the world. It's not an easy thing admitting to yourself what you really are.' Margaery told him 'it's taken me a while he's helped me.'

'What are you talking about? You're a good person you've always been a good person.' Tommen told her 'you're the best person I know I was just telling him about your devotion to the poor.'

'Yes I visited their hobbles and I fed them soup.' Margaery agreed 'and I made sure I was seen doing it I never gave them what they really need it though.' she admitted 'I've had lots of time to think about how good I was at seeming good. All those stories I told myself about who I was and why I did the things I did there were so many lies in those stories.' she admitted

'I don't understand.'

'It's all right it really is.' Margaery told him 'it's such a relief to let go of those lies' she told him sitting them down on the bench.

'What about Loras?'

'I love my brother I will always love my brother. His soul is pure and perfect his sins don't erase that purity they only obscured he just... Needs to atone for them it we all do sooner or later when we are judged.' she told Tommen 'the gods have a plan for us all.'

++

Walk of atonement. Margaery stood clothed and ready to be striped and shamed for then this hell would be over.

'Richer poor noble or common if we sin we must atone Margaery of house Tyrell came to us a sinner she stood before the gods in the holy sept and lied. She turned a blind eye to her brother sins, she disgraced her house her king and herself.' the high sparrow told the people as they stood before them but Jamie Lannister came along with his guards marching ahead. Margaery saw her father ride up as well

'Sorry to interrupt we're here for Queen Margaery and Loras Tyrell give them to us and will be on Our Way,' Jamie said confidently and Margaery felt a breath of relief fill her Olena looked up confidently at her granddaughter.

'I don't have the authority to give them to you and you don't have the authority to take them.' the high sparrow told him. Jamie marched his horse up the steps and the kings guard prepared themselves

'I speak for King Tommen of the house Baratheon first of his name.' Jamie said

'The gods don't recognize his authority in this matter.'

'You've already insulted one great house it won't happen twice. every last sparrow will die before Margaery Tyrell walks down that street.' Jaime told him.

'to die in the service of the gods would please each and every one of us.' the sparrow told him 'we are prepared for it. But there is no call for that today.' he admitted 'there will be no walk of atonement.' Margaery tried to keep her head held high as she was confused on what was happening

'Margaery has already atoned for her sins by bringing another into the true light of the seven,' he admitted 'together we announce a new age of harmony a holy alliance between the crown and the faith.' he said as Tommen emerged joining hands with his wife there was a roar of approval from the towns people below. All Jamie's hard work he stared up at them but he was happy there's less blood shed since he had returned one handed he wasn't much of a fighter but working with the man that made Tommen's own mother do a walk of atonement her hair cut her body stripped of clothes as she walked the streets people shouted at her throwing stones and food at her. Jaime couldn't believe his son would do such a thing.

'The crown and the faith.' Tommen said 'are the twin pillars upon which the world rests together we will restore the seven kingdoms to glory.' he told them.

++

'The boltons took Winterfell!" Josie declared as she jumped off her horse.

'what?" sansa declared.

'Ramsey fucking Bolton, that cunt.' Josie spat. 'and his father, they think they can take our home!'

'Hello.' Willas said cutting in 'so dorne didn't go as expected?'

"Hi,' she said softly as she hugged him. 'Dorne... lets not talk about dorne, we need to get Winterfell back!" Josie declared.

'Let's go then.' Willas nodded to his guards. 'we will set out and take winterfell back, for you and your family.' Willas told her confidently.

"I cant ask you to do that, but thank you.' Josie told him. 'thank you,'

'Of course, I told you, I'm here for you.'

'Will you come with us?" Josie questioned.

'I wouldn't have it any other way.' Willas assured.

'We are getting out home back.' Josie told sansa, 'we find Bran and Rickon and Arya and then perhaps we take down the lannisters and a dragon queen.' Josie mused.