12. Not yet Jojo

'Go away!' Arya shouted

'Arya open the door,' Ned requested, she begrudgingly got up needle in hand, 'may I come in?' he questioned coming into her room closing the door behind him. 'Arya who's sword is that?' his gaze flickered to the sword in Arya's hand.

'It's mine' arya told him.

'Give it to me,' Ned requested holding his hands 'I know this makers mark,' he noted 'this is mickers work. Where did you get this?' she didn't answer 'This is no toy.' Ned reminded her 'a little lady shouldn't play with swords.'

'I wasn't playing and I don't want to be a lady!' arya exclaimed.

'Come here,' Ned requested sitting down on the truck at the end of arya's bed. 'What do you want with this?' Ned question holding her sword up. It looked like something Josie would give her.

'It's called needle,' she corrected

'a blade with a name... And who are you hoping to skewer with needle your sister? You know the first thing but sword fighting-'

'Stick them with the pointy end,' she told him

'Yes that's the essence of it.' He laughed. His little Arya was going to be a warrior like josie.

'I was trying to learn...' She told him 'I asked Myka to practice with me. I asked him it was my fault-'

'Oh sweet girl no no you did not kill the butchers boy.' Ned reminded her.

'I hate them I hate all of them, the hound, the king and the queen and Joffrey and Sansa. I hate all of them!' arya declared

'Sansa went before the king and queen and was asked to call the prince a liar.' Ned told her.

'So? He is a liar!' Arya told her father.

'shush my darling, sansa will be married to Joffrey someday. She cannot betray him she must take his side even when he was wrong.' Ned informed her.

'But how can you let her marry someone like that?' Arya questioned

'Look at me, you are a stark of Winterfell, you know our words?'

'Winter is coming.' Arya recited.

'You were born in a long summer you have never known anything else but winter is coming.' Ned informed her. 'we must protect ourselves. Look after one other, Sansa is your sister.'

'I don't hate her' she admitted 'not really... I just love Josie more than her.' Arya corrected and Ned laughed.

'Josie got this for you didn't she?' Ned questioned.

'You're not going to be mad at her if I say yes right?" arya countered. Ned chuckled shaking his head.

'I do not want to frighten you but I won't lie to either, we have come to a dangerous place we cannot fight a war amongst ourselves.' he handed her back needle 'go on this is yours.'

'I can keep it? 'She asked happily

'Try not to stab your sister with it,' Ned told her 'if you're going to own a sword you're going to need to know how to use it.'

'Can I go with Josie to-'

'No, that is not going to happen.' Ned told her firmly.

'But-'

'I can take the sword back?' Ned countered.

'Fine.' She said begrudgingly, 'josie gets to have all the fun.'

+++

'Good news?' Petyr said approaching Ned in the throne room ned held a letter in his hands. 'perhaps you would like to share it with your wife?'