96. White walker

Once winterfell was recaptured benjen made his way there.

'Uncle benjen!' Josie declared hugging him tight. 'What are you doing here?'

'I brought you something.' Benjen told her running back to his horse he pulled out an arm. Josie watched him confused. The arm started to move she jumped back startled.

'What is that?' She questioned

'White walker sweetie.' Benjen told her. 'There is a whole herd of them. Thousands hundreds of thousands even. They are coming. Damn near killed myself trying to get this." He remarked.

'When you said you got me something I was thinking more along the lines of a new bow or dagger...' Josie mused.

'Sorry, the queen of the north needs to know whats coming.' Benjen told her. "Congratulations on the promotion." He added

"You too commander of the nights watch." Josie told him.

"Thank you. Not as big of an accomplishment as Queen Snow but-" benjen teased.

'Definitely not." Josie agreed. "What are they?'

'Undead army'. Benjen told her.

'How does one kill the undead?' Josie questioned hesitantly.

'Fire seems to work also a blade i cant seem to find anywhere.' Benjen told her. Josie took her blade the one Ned had given her. Benjen dropped the hand to the ground it kept moving about she stabbed it harshly and the hand stopped moving. It crumbled under her blade. Benjen stared at her.

'Thats Ice.' He remarked

'My father gave it to me.' Josie told him.

'Valyrian steel.' He remarked looking back to the pile of snow at their feet.

'What else kills it? There is not enough valyarian steel in the world for an army of hundred let alone thousands.' Josie remarked.

'Blades forged of dragon glass.'

'Dragon glass is on dragon stone.' Josie said with complete certainly.

++

'You're going the wrong way. My sister is in Westeros. Westeros is west. We're heading east."

"I'm not taking you to your sister."

"You said you were taking me to the Queen." Tyrion reminded him.

"I am. Queen Daenerys Targaryen. She's the Queen I serve."

"What a waste of good kidnapping. So happens we were heading there ourselves."

"What business would you have with the Queen?"

"Gold and glory. Oh, and hate. If you've ever met my sister, you'd understand. So now that it's clear we're on the same side?" Tyrion lifted his arms with a cheeky smile, being as sarcastic as ever since he knew the man wouldn't untie him. Jorah didn't budge though. With a sigh, Tyrion let his hands fall back on his lap looking around as Jorah paddled.

"A high born knight from the North of Westeros, down on his luck in Essos. Dragon epaulettes?" Tyrion spoke. "Bear sigil breast plate. You're Jorah Mormont. I have to ask how, exactly, were you serving your Queen in a whorehouse, half a world away? Is it possible, that you were running? Why would you be running? And why would she have sent you away? Oh, wait!" Tyrion said victoriously.  "You were spying on her, weren't you? It's all coming back to me! I was drunk through most of the Small Council meetings, but it's all coming back. You passed notes to Varys's little birds. She found out, didn't she? Found out, and exiled you." knowing Jorah probably wouldn't kill him he kept going.  "And now you hope to win back her favor with a gift. A risky scheme. One might even say, desperate. Do you think Daenerys would execute me, and pardon you? I'd say the reverse is just as likely."  Tyrion said with a smirk, but Jorah had heard enough from him, he rushed across the little boat over to Tyrion and punched him unconscious.  Tyrion woke up some time after that, blinking his eyes, his face screwed up in pain. 

"Seven hells, Mormont. You didn't have to hit me that hard."

"You annoyed me, Imp."

"If I annoy you so much, why not kill me?" Jorah sighed heavily, considering hitting Tyrion once more.

"I need you, since you're a Lannister. Your sister married King Robert, the man whom slayed the Queen's brother and your brother killed her father. She hates the Lannisters.'

++

They sailed for quite some time, the day growing dark Tyrion opened his mouth to speak when a dragon flew over them. 

"That was one of the Queens dragons. He must have flew far this time." Jorah noted it made a pained smile cover his face, he missed Daenerys.

'So she has three, is that right?" Tyrion questioned.

'Yes, they have grown since I last them.' Jorah noted but his attention was pulled when a splash was heard. Jorah's eyes scanned the area, he didn't see anyone but the ripples indicated someone was around them, near them.

"What was that?" Tyrion asked.  Jorah spun around, his eyes darting to the moving water right beside the boat. Waiting in anticipation. The silence made Tyrion even more anxious, until something flew from the air again, landing right in front of him. Tyrion yelped in surprise, he went to fend off the scaled man when Jorah appeared at his side, shielding him form the man, before using an oar to push the man into the water.

  "Stone men! Don't touch them touch you!" Jorah told him and Tyrion glanced nervously around. When he heard more of them jumping into the water, Jorah quickly cut the next one over the neck, before hitting it with the handle of the sword, this one also falling into the water. Tyrion stare uselessly his hands still bound as Jorah fought the stone men. Tyrion acted quickly. He picked up a crab catcher, shoving it into the stone man's face. But the stone man was too strong, and grabbed the catcher from Tyrion's grip. Tyrion glanced around, seeing Jorah too busy fighting off others. All he could think to do was crawl away, until he fell into the water. He managed to almost untie his hands while holding his breath, until something grabbed his foot. He didn't have to think twice about what it was he knew, the stone man had gotten a hold of him. Being pulled downwards, Tyrion kicked his legs around trying to free his foot from the stone mans grasp, until he lost consciousness, running out of air.

Jorah dove under the water pulling Tyrion up and throwing him back into the boat.  When waking up, Tyrion took a deep breath of air, and slowly opened his eyes only to be met with Jorah's face, calling his name. Tyrion furrowed his brows in confusion, but quickly sat up before finally his hands were cut free.

"You're heavier than you look." Jorah informed him, but Tyrion ignored the comment. "Did any of them touch you?" Tyrion shook his head slightly.

'Did they touch you?" Tyrion countered.

'No.' Jorah told him, rubbing at his arm.

  "I've seen greyscale before." Tyrion told him. "But nothing like that."

  "I suppose that's why they send them there."

"It'd be kinder to put a dagger in their hearts and be done with it." Jorah spat sitting on the sand,

"Thank you." Tyrion said softly and Jorah glanced over at the dwarf. "For saving me. Of course I wouldn't needed saving if you hadn't kidnapping us in the first place" Jorah couldn't help but chuckle.

"what do we do now?'

"We walk, up the coast. With luck, we'll find a fishing village. Maybe another boat." Jorah told him.

"Without luck?"

"We'll have to walk I guess." Jorah told him.