41. Strong

'Do you have to do that here?' Tyrion questioned as Bronn was picking at his nails.

'I have to keep my hands clean.' Bronn told him.

'Yes and that I am grateful... but you have to do that here?' He stared over his desk at Bronn threw down his blade that he used to pick up his fingers. 'you should start wearing a gold cloak.' Tyrion told him.

'I don't want to wear gold cloak.' bronn informed

'you're commander of the city watch you should not be dressed like a common Sell sword.' Tyrion reminded him

'It won't come in handy in a fight, it makes it harder to move quietly, and the gold catches the light so you are nice and easy to spot at night.' Bronn told him

'Well you were not sneaking through allies waiting any longer you are supposed to stand out.' Tyrion reminded him

'We had a deal,' Bronn reminded him. 'wearing a gold cloak was not part of it.'

'Fine.'

'fine.' Bronn told him.

'I cannot picture Bronn in a cloak.' Josie remarked.

'Listen to the pretty snowflake.' Bronn said grinning up at her.

"Call me snowflake again.' Josie challenged 'I dare you.'

"I don't think you want your nose broken again, Bronn.' Tyrion remarked. "Leave Snow be.' Bronn grinned up at her letting his legs fall from the desk. 'no gold cloak.' Tyrion went back to reading Bronn drummed his fingers on the scrolls, watching Tyrion. 'what?'

'What?'

'What?'

'What?'

'What? Why are you staring at me?' Tyrion questioned

'You don't want me cleaning my nails you don't want me looking your way why am I here? You know what scratch that, I'm not here. Let's get out of here Snow.' Bronn winked at her.

'No.' Tyrion said sternly. 'Josie wants to help.' Tyrion suggested handing her a book, Josie sat down next to tyrion. 'To help me plan the defensive of Kings Landing.' Tyrion reminded him. Bronn got up stretching out his arms, bored. 'stannis army will be here any day.' Tyrion reminded him

'And one of these explains how to beat him?' Bronn said picking up the book. Tyrion flipped over to the cover of the book he was reading.

'History of the great sieges of Westeros by arch Master ch- ch- Chevelle,' Tyrion said struggling with the author.

'I would swap all your books for a few good archers.' Bronn told him as Varys walked in.

''My Lord hand, my lady, commander, I must complement you on the gold cloaks performance these last few weeks you know there has been a marked drop in thievery.' Varys told them.

'Good job Bronn, way to be a leader.' Josie told him.

'I did not know.' Tyrion said looking to Bronn 'and how did you manage to get this marked dropping thievery?'

'Me and the lads rounded up all the known thieves.' Bronn said simply

'For questioning?'

'No.' Bronn said 'it's just the unknown thieves we need to worry about.' Josie let out a laugh dropping the book in her lap.

''We didn't-'

'We talked about it.' Bronn said 'When the city under siege maybe this part is not in your book it's not the fighting that kills most people it's the starving. Food is worth more than gold noble ladies sell their diamonds for a sack of potatoes things get bad enough the poor will start eating each other the thieves they love siege as soon as the gates are sealed they steal all the food by the time it is all over they are the richest men in town.'

'Given the circumstances my Lord I believe extreme measures are going to needed.' Varys added 'Ahh the great sieges of Westeros thrilling subject.' Varys looking over the book Tyrion was reading 'it's a shame arch master Shivaya wasn't a better writer.'

'Stannis knows Kings Landing,' Tyrion said 'he knows where the walls are strongest and he knows which gates are weakest...' Tyrion said looking over the map. 'mud gate' Tyrion noted running his hands down to Mud gate. 'that could be beaten down in minutes and it's right by the water that is where he will land.' Tyrion added.

'And if Stannis does attack the mud gate...'

'Then what?' Varys asked 'what is our plan?'

'We could throw books at his men?' Bronn suggested

'We don't have that many books.' Tyrion reminded him.

'we don't have that many men either.' Bronn remarked.

'Then what do we have?' Varys questioned and Tyrion smirked over at them.

'Pig shit.' He told them confidently.

"What? Oh...' Josie said nodding. 'Yes, that. okay...' she agreed.

+++

'Help, help, Josie!' Sansa shouted for her.

'What are you doing...' Shae said running in to see sansa pulling at the mattress.

'If the queen sees,' she motioned to the blood. 'That I can have Joffrey's children now!' she declared

'We will flip it over or flip it over, it'll be fine she'll never know.' but handmaiden walked in she stared at the moment before rushing out, Shae ran after her

'Where are you going?'

'to want to tell her grace.' The hand maiden said obviously.

'You will say nothing to anyone,' shae told her putting a blade to her throat. The frightened handmaiden nodded running away. Josie ran past shae to sansa, hearing the commotion down the hall.

'She's going to know she's going to know and hes going to kill me.' sansa was muttering, Josie held tight to her as tears streamed down Sansa's face. When shae got back, Sandor was standing over the bed.

++

Sansa bled, the queen knew and now Josie was pacing.

'What's wrong?' sandor questioned.

'the queen is having a lovely talk with my sister about what it means to have bled, her duties to provide an heir.' Josie sneered.

'And?'

"And you honestly think I want her having that talk with my sister?" she hissed grabbing the collar of his shirt and pulling I'm down to her. Surprised by her strength he bent down to her. 'Listen to me Sandor,' she growled. 'this place is awful enough for a girl like sansa, I don't need the queen tormenting her further.'

'I get it.' Sandor told her.

'we never should have come.' Slowly she released her grip from his shirt and he stood up straight. 'I should have stolen her away, brought her with to High garden, she would like it there.'

'War is coming,' Sandor reminded her. 'It might not be long for any of us.'

'Thanks for the optimism.' Josie teased.

'You're strong.' Sandor noted and Josie smirked up at him.

'That's right, so don't piss me off.' Josie teased winking back at him as she went to find Sansa.