25. Traitor

'You father has proved to be an awful traitor, my dear." Varys actually seemed sadden at that.

"King Robert's body was still warm when Lord Eddard began plotting to steal Joffrey's rightful throne." Pycelle, actually believed the words he was saying to be truth.

  "He wouldn't do that." Sansa told them.  "He knows how much I love Joffrey. He wouldn't." sansa pleaded.   "Please, Your Grace, there's been a mistake." Sansa looked between them. "Send for my father. He'll tell you. The King was his friend." Sansa continued to pleaded she wanted her sister's. If Josie was here she would fix this, somehow.

  "Sansa sweetling, you are innocent of any wrong. We know that. Yet you are the daughter of a traitor.  How can I allow you to marry my son?" Cersei sat there, tall and proud of her accomplishment.

"A child born of a traitor's seed is no fit consort for our King. She is a sweet thing now. Your Grace, but in ten years who knows what treasons she my hatch?" Pycelle's reminded her.

"No, I'm not. I'll be a good wife to him, you'll see. I'll be a Queen just like you, I promise. I won't hatch anything."sansa pleaded. 

"The girl is innocent... your grace. They should be given a chance to prove their loyalty." Varys told her.    "Little Dove, you must write to Lady Catelyn and your brother, the eldest.."

"Robb." Sansa filled in his name for her as Cersei nodded and grabbed a piece of paper for Sansa. 

"Word of your father's arrest will reach him soon, no doubt. Best it comes from you. If you would help your father urge your brother to keep the King's Peace. Tell him to come to King's Landing and swear his fealty to Joffrey."

"If...If I could see my father... Talk to him about-" sansa tried.

  "You disappoint me, child. We have told you of your father's treason. Why would you want to speak to a traitor?"

"What will happen to him?" Sansa's mind raced thinking of the worst.

  "That depends." Cersei told her.

"On...' sansa swallowed the lump in her throat. 'on what?"

"On your brother. And on you."  Cersei gave Sansa the paper and quill. Sansa nodded, and cersei told her what to write, a smug smile on cerseis face.

++

'You are summoned to Kings Landing to swear fealty to the new king.' the master told Robb.

'Joffrey put my father in chains and now he wants his ass kissed?' Robb questioned incredulously.

'You refuse to obey-'

'I don't refuse. his grace summoned me to Kings Landing then I will come to Kings Landing.' Robb said 'but not alone.' he handed back the scroll 'call the banners'

'All of them my Lord?'

'They've all sworn to protect my father have they not?' Robb questioned

'They have.' he agreed

'Then we will see what their words are worth.' Robb told him, Theon nodded in agreement Ned Stark was like a father to him. He was willing to go to war for him to get him back.

++++

Ned was taken into custody and put into the cells, arya was missing and sansa was being held captive by the queen, Josie was the only one of his girls that he knew was safe but he didn't realize that she was riding her way back, right into the lions jaws.

'Lord stark you must be thirsty.' Varys said kneeling before him handing him a jug of water. 'I promise you it's not poisonous.' he said uncorked it, taking a sip before handing it over. And Ned took a long chug. 'Not so much my Lord I would save the rest if I were you, hide it men have been known to die of thirst in the cells.'