67. Never forget a thing

'I Tommen of the house Baratheon first of my name king of the andals and the first man Lord of the seven kingdoms do here by recuse myself of this trial. Tywin of the house Lannister hand of the king protector of the realm will sit as judge in my stead.' Tommen said and with that Tommen left the court his knights following after him. Tywin sat at the throne.

'Tyrion of the house Lannister and Sansa of the house Stark and Lannister, you stand accused by the queen regent of genocide. did you kill King Joffrey?' Tywin questioned his son.

'No.' Tyrion answered confidently.

'No, I would never!" Sansa declared.

So the trail began.

'You examined King Joffrey's corpse. Was it without question poison that killed him?' Tywin asked the maester

'Without question.' he answered 'this was found on the body of Dantis hollard the kings fool.' The master pulled a necklace out of his robes. 'he was last seen talking with Sansa Stark the accused and the wife of the accused, carrying this away from the feast she wore this necklace.' He held it out, 'the day of the wedding the residue of the most rare and terrible poison was found and it.' Sansa's hand went to her neck, she would never. NEVER! She looked to Josie who stood next to Ellaria tightly gripping her hand as her fae pinched. Sansa didn't do this.

'Was this one of the poison stolen from your store?" tywin questioned

'It was. The strangler.' he told them 'a poison few in the seven kingdoms possess used to strike down the most noble child the gods ever put on this good earth.' he told the council

++

'I will hurt you for this, the day will come when you think you are safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth and you will know that the debt is paid.' Cersei told them

'Your own brother said this to you?' Mace asked

'Shortly before the battle of Blackwater Bay I confronted him about his plans to put Joffrey on the front lines. As it turned out when the attack came Joff insisted on remaining at the battle he believed his presence would inspire the troops.' Cersei lied.

'Tyrion said and he will know the debt is paid.' Oberyn quoted 'what debt?'

'I discovered he had been keeping whores in the tower of the hand.' Cersei told him 'I asked him to confine these salacious acts to the brothels where such behavior belongs. He wasn't pleased.'

Josie looked up to Oberyn as he drapped over the chair, a leg hanging over the arm of the chair biting at his nail but when he saw Josie's nervous face her sat straight.

'It's okay, he is on the council he wont let them-'

'They planted poison on her necklace,' Josie hissed to Ellaria. 'if anything they are going to let Tyrion walk and hang my sister.' Josie clenched onto Ellarias hand so tight her knuckles went white.

++

'Do you remember the precise nature of this threat?' things were not looking good for Tyrion and sansa, Josie couldn't breathe as the trial went on.

'I'm afraid I do my Lord.' varys answered 'he said perhaps you should speak more softly to me then monsters are dangerous and just now kings are dying like flies.'

'And he said this to you at a meeting of the small council?'

'Yes after we received word of Robb Stark's death.. he didn't seem glad by the news perhaps his marriage is Sansa Stark made him more sympathetic to the northern cause.' There was an uproar in the crowd as varys spoke.

'you are excused lord Varys.' Tywin said

'Father May I ask a witness one question?' Tyrion asked varys looked to tywin.

'One.' Tywin answered

'You once said that without me the city would've faced certain defeat,' Tyrion reminded him. 'you said the histories would never mention me but you would not forget me. Have you forgotten Lord varys?' Tyrion asked

'Sadly my Lord, I never forget a thing.'