94. Boltons

'Ramsey...' Josie muttered 'I cant believe he took winterfell, that cunt.'

'winterfell is our home.' Sansa told Josie. 'we have to fight for it.'

'We will, but we have to be smart.' Josie assured her

'the Boltons are a force. We need more men then we have, better men.' Alfie reminded them. He had come down to meet them bringing some of his more veteraned fighters from the wall.

'or one. Good. Shot.' Josie told him.

'you think you could take him down?' sansa questioned.

'I didn't come this far, just to give up now.' Josie told them. 'I fight, for everyone we lost. Getting winterfell back, that would mean a lot, give us back some of the power.'

'Lets take back the power.' Willas agreed

A letter arrived and the peace vanished and Josie was filled with rage.

'its from Ramsey.' Josie said, she held the letter with a violent grip. 'Ramsey is holding Rickon prisoner... he is demanding sansa stark be delivered to him as promised by Petyr... Baelish...' Josie looked up at sansa. 'you said a fool was sent to get you and save you, by who?'

"I don't know but I wasn't about to leave without you.' Sansa told her.

'I'm glad you didn't or else you would be in the boltons grasp as well.' Josie told her as she looked back to the note. 'He says he will massacre all Stark allies, it is signed Ramsey Bolton... he was legitimized?' Josie questioned, 'I thought him a bastard?'

'Roose Bolton must be dead.' Willas remarked.

'Alfie how many men do you have?'

'1,000, if that' Alfie informed her. 'I could send word to your uncle, I'm sure he would send more, come himself even.'

'that is not enough to fight Ramsay's 5,000 by themselves.' Josie informed him. 'but with the Tyrell kinghts and guards... maybe right?' she questioned willas. Willas looked back to his commander.

"It will be close.'

'we will rally the Northern Houses, those still loyal to the Starks,' sansa suggested.

'lets get Winterfell back.' Josie declared.

+++++++

While discussing strategy Josie bitterly noted that they simply don't have the numbers to challenge the Boltons at present time, if ever. Even though the three most powerful houses are already backing the Boltons.

'Best chance is a one on one for Rickon and worry about winterfell after.' Josie suggested.

'winterfell is our home.' Sansa told her.

'home is not a place but the people. I would rather have Rickon than Winterfell.' Josie told her and sansa nodded in agreement.

'What about the Tullys?' Sansa questioned. 'surely they would support us.'

'Brynden Tully's recaptured the Riverrun,' Willas recalled 'with his support it would almost certainly guarantee the Tullys, their numbers would give us an advantage.'

'Hopefully it wont come to that, but best write and see if they come to our aid.' Josie confirmed.

+++

Josie was slightly more confident as they prepared to set out.

'Lyanna Mormont has agreed to give us... this cant be right.' Willas said looking up from the note.

'it is.' Josie told her.

'sixty-two men,' Willas questioned incredulously.

'the remaining force of House Mormont, promising that each will fight with the worth of ten men.' Josie told him, relaying the message. Willas nodded, better than nothing she supposed.

'alright now onto the ramsey situation...' Willas said through a huff of a breath. 'Perhaps we can settle this one on one, if he is willing to fight, you could take him, but what if he cheats? He has been known to not play fair.' Willas recalled. 'he always seemed like a troubled boy, you cant trust him not to cheat and kill you or your brother before a fair fight it set.'

'That would save a lot of trouble, we wouldn't have to deal with the Bolton army...' Josie told him. 'its worth the risk. But if I die-'

'No josie.'

'-You need to get rickon and Sansa and go back to High garden.' Josie told him.

'You're not going to die.' Sansa told her.

'That's plan B,' Josie told her. 'plan A is winning.'