97. Jorah

'Do you ever shut up?"

"I sailed from King's Landing to Pentos in a crate. Without ever saying a word." Tyrion reminded him "Did it never occurred to you to ask why until now? You never wondered why Tyrion Lannister decided to visit a brothel in Volantis?"

"I'm sure you've visited many brothels in many cities." Jorah remarked.

"I killed my father." Tyrion informed him. "He wanted to execute me for a crime I didn't commit."

"We've got to keep moving." Jorah grumbled pushing him along.

+

'Why Danereys? Why is she worth all this?" Tyrion asked they walked along the plains above the cliff overlooking the sea. When Jorah didn't answer Tyrion continued, "As I recall, the Mormont's fought against the Targaryen's during Robert's Rebellion."

"Do you believe in anything?" Jorah asked.

"I believe in a lot of things." Tyrion answered his very vague question with a vague answer.

"Something greater than ourselves I mean. The Gods, destiny? Do you believe there's a plan for this world?" Jorah asked.

"No." Tyrion admitted.

"Neither did I. I was a cynic. Just like you. Then I saw a girl step into a great fire with three stone eggs. When the fire burnt out I thought I'd find her blackened bones, instead I saw her. Danereys, alive and unhurt holding her baby dragons. You ever heard baby dragons singing?" Jorah said. Tyrion shook his head.

"No." he answered.

"It's hard to be a cynic after that." Jorah said as he kept walking.

"That doesn't mean she's going to be a great queen." Tyrion informed him.

"No it doesn't." Jorah agreed.

"The Targeryen's are famous for the insane. What if she conquers the world, then what? A thousand years of peace and prosperity?" Tyrion asked as they continued walking.

"First we have to conquer the world." Jorah said.

"We?" Tyrion asked, eyebrow raised. "Alright, lets assume your dreams come true. She's ecstatic when you bring her this enemy dwarf. She hacks off my head, restores you to your position" Tyrion stated. Jorah stopped walking before pushing Tyrion out of sight.

"What is it?" Tyrion asked Jorah in alarm.

"It's a slave ship." Jorah answered.

"Why are they anchored?" Tyrion asked.

"They probably can ashore for-" Jorah began

"Water." Another voice answered. They turned and saw a group of men drawing their swords and menacingly walked towards them, smirks of victory on their faces. Jorah clenched his jaw as he looked down at Tyrion.

+

The fighting pits Jorah and Tyrion sat in the back after being taken hostage when they heard the cheering begin. Jorah ran out to peer out the window to see Danny sitting watching the men get massacred. Danny's face dropped as a man's throat was slit before them

'I've seen quite enough,' Danny said stiffly.

'Your Grace it is customary for the queen to stay until we have received a champion.'

'I think I've done enough for your customs and traditions.' Danny told him

Jorah moved back picking up his sword heading out this could be his only chance. He came out a helmet over his head as he sliced down the man. Tyrion stood in the back confused and suddenly alone but his hands still chained the wall.

meanwhile Tyrion was trying to break his chains to no avail. But a guard came swinging his sword down breaking him free. The champion removed his helmet before them.

'Get him out of my sight,' Danny demanded

'Khaleesi, please, I just need a moment of your time please I brought you a gift.' Jorah said locking eyes with Danny.

'It's true,' Tyrion said stepping out 'he has.'

'Who are you?'

'I am the gift.' Tyrion told her 'it's a pleasure to meet you at graces my name is Tyrion Lannister.' Danny stared down at them.

++

Josie tucked Rickon in like she used to, he said he didn't know where Bran was that he was going to a tree, a tree with a face in it last he saw him. To talk to a raven. Rickon wasn't making any sense but he had been through quite the ordeal and then josie remembered the tree, the red leaf tree at winterfell, a face grown into it. She walked to it staring at the face begging for answers when she knew it wouldn't give her any.

'Josie?" Willas questioned.

'I'm so worried about Bran and Arya.' Josie told him. 'Rickon was taken by Ramsey surely others would come and... try to negotiate... I cant lose anyone else, I wont.' Josie told him.

'My grandmother wrote.' Willas said holding out the scroll.

'she's alive?'

'Yes, she went to high garden we must have just missed her.' Willas confirmed.

'that's so good to hear.' Josie told him. 'You don't seem all that happy though.'

'she left a coded message for me, for you actually.' Willas remarked.

'what does it say?'