18. Hawking

Josie watched the hawk soar through the air. She followed it as it landed on Willas arm. He turned to a smile quirked on his lips.

'Hello my lady.'

"Just Josie.' She told him stepping closer. 'Are you hawking?'

'I am,' Willas confirmed. 'do you do hawking?"

'No, lady Stark liked to go but she didn't want me...' that was lady starks one sporting activity that she liked Sansa and arya to do. Josie was intrigued but was never allowed. 'Did you train the hawks yourself?"

"Yes, I also have an eagle.' Willas told her.

'Eagling?' Josie teased and willas watched her curiously. 'Could I pet him?' Josie questioned raising a hand and Willas lowered his arm. The hawk stared at her as she gently pet down his feathers.

'He likes you.' Willas noted.

'What does hawking entail?' Josie questioned letting her hand fall to her side.

'Well, Ethan here,' Willas said running a finger over the hawks head. 'he is a natural hunter, I trained him to bring back his hunts. Rabbits, squirrels, small things he would normally be able to grab in his talons.' Willas told her. no one ever took an interest in him or his hobbies, most people thought him boring, liking books and hawking, hounds and horses as well but he loved the stars. 'It's a stationary activity.' He remarked. 'better for my leg.' He told her.

'You must love animals, it takes a special person, kind of heart to get a hawk to trust them so contently.' Josie told him, she remembered Catelyn coming back with scratches along her arms yet she kept hawking. Catelyn wasn't kind of heart and she had too quick a temper for hawking. Willas she could tell was different.

'I have hounds and horses I tend to as well.' Willas told her.

'I used to have a dire wolf.' Josie told him.

"Dire wolf?' Willas questioned, he whistled and Ethan the hawk went flying off, he offered her a seat as they waited for him to return. 'I have read all the books on dire wolves. But I thought them extinct.' Willas remarked.

'so did we until we found a dead mother wolf and six pups.' Josie told him, her hand brushing up against his as she leaned back.

'Where is your wolf now?' willas questioned and Josie let out a long sigh.

'the queen wanted them executed because her oh so charming son attacked my sister and her friend, her wolf attacked him, bite him a little,' Josie said as if a wolf biting a prince was no big deal and Willas smiled over at her. 'The queen wasn't happy I sent off my sister and my wolf. I hope they are alright, my other sister Sansa, her wolf wasn't so lucky.' Josie told him. 'I hope they are safe, I feel like they are, I feel like he is, but maybe that just wishful thinking.'

'What was his name?' Willas questioned.

'Ghost.' She said happily. 'he was all white and he was brilliant. So smart and so kind, so protective too.' Josie told him.

'Would you like to see my hounds?" Willas questioned and Josie happily followed him along just as Ethan came flying back to them, he landed on Willas arm as they walked. Josie offered herself as a crutch which Willas much preferred his arm around Josie to a cane.

++

'The whore is pregnant.' Robert snapped

'You were talking about murdering a child.' ned declared.

'I warned you this would happen, back in the north. I warned you but you didn't care to hear well hear it now!' Robert demanded 'I wanted them dead mother and child both. And that fool viserays as well is that clear enough for you?' Robert shouted.