23. King is dead

'You are in pain.' Cersei noted coming up to ned.

'I have had worse your grace.' Ned informed her

'Perhaps it's time to go home the south does not seem to agree with you.' Cersei said calmly

'I know the truth.' Ned told her ' the truth Lord Arryn died for.'

'Do you Lord stark? Is that why you called me here... to pose for riddles?' cersei questioned with a laugh.

'Has he done this before?' Ned asked pointing to his cheek a bruise forming on Cersei's own cheek.

'Jaime would've killed him if he had. My brother is worth 1000 of your friend.' Cersei snapped.

'Your brother? Or your lover?' Ned offered

'Targaryen's wed brothers and sisters for thousands of years to keep the bloodline pure.' Cersei reminded him 'Jaime and I am more than brother and sister we share the womb came into this world together we belong together.'

'My son saw you with him....'

'Do you love your children?'

'With all my heart .'

'No more than I love mine.' cersei told him

'And they are all Jamie's.' ned remarked

'And thank the gods in the rare event that Robert leaves his whores long enough to stumble drunkenly into my bed I finish him off in other ways. In the morning he does not remember.' Cersei said casually.

'You've always hated him.'

'Hated him? I worshiped him every girl in the seven kingdoms dreamed of him but it was mine by oath and when I finally saw him on our wedding day in the sept of Baylor lean and fit and black bearded. It was the happiest moment of my life.' she informed him 'but that night he crawled on top of me stinking of wine and he did it, with what little he could do. And whispered in my ear Lyanna. your sister was a corpse and I was a little girl yet he loved him more than me.' cersei snapped.

'When the King returns from his Hunt I will tell him the truth you must be gone by then you and your children I will not have their blood on my hands.  Go far away, as you can with as many men as you can because wherever you go Roberts wrath will follow you.' Ned informed her.

'And one of my wrath Lord Stark? You should've taken the throne for yourself. Jaime told me about the day at Kings Landing. Said he was sitting in the iron throne and you made him give it up. All you have to do is climb the steps and claim it for yourself... such a sad mistake.' Cersei told him.

'I have made many mistakes in my life but that wasn't one of them.'

'Oh but it was.' Cersei assured him 'when you play the Game of Thrones you win or you die there is no middle ground.' she told him walking off.

+++

Josie loved Dorne. She hated how happy she was, how free she felt. But she loved it too. She loved every moment.

'What's it called again?" Josie questioned Doran.

"A ukulele.' He reminded her.

'Ukulele.' She repeated, strumming the small wodden instrument in her hand.

'Alright, follow along,' Doran told her, he had already taught her the chords now it was just strumming in time to the song. Josie nodded and followed his lead as he sang.

'The Dornishman's wife was as fair as the sun,

and her kisses were warmer than spring.

But the Dornishman's blade was made of black steel,