28. Ned

'Lady stark?'

'What is it?'

'We caught the king slayer.'

They were struggling to get him through for everyone was punching at him, kicking as he was dragged forward through Robbs camps.

'Justice for the castle!' they were saying as Jaime was dragged along he didn't look much like a king slayer as he crumbled to the ground men beating at him kicking at him

'I want his head I want his head!' castor yelled but a few of Robbs loyal guard shed their swords

'Anyone who dares stand between a father and his vengeance asks for death.' Castor told them angrily.

'Lord castor this man is our prisoner.' Catelyn reminded him, she down a smug smile on her face as Jaime knelt before her.

'This monster killed my son!' he reminded Catelyn

'And crippled mine!' she reminded him 'he will answer for his crimes I promise you but not here.'

'I will have his head and if you try and stop me-' castor threatened

'You will strike me down? Have you forgotten me? I am the widow of Lord Eddard Stark, I am the mother of your king.'

'And where is our king?'

'You know very well where he is he's going to accept their surrender.' Cat informed them.

'Accept the surrender but not negotiate?' Castor spat

'threatening my lady is an act of treason.'

'Treason.' Castor scoffed 'since when is it a treason to kill a Lannister?' The men cheered and applauded they wanted justice.

'I understand your grief better than you my lord I understand it but in the name of my son the king of the north stand down.' she demanded

'When your son returns I will dismember this murderers head.' Castor spat

'wise men do not make threats to kings.' cat told him

'Wise men don't but for his sons he will and I will have this man's head!' caster told her storming off

'Thank you for fighting on my behalf lady Stark.' Jamie said smugly from the ground. 'I would want my head too, but thanks.'

'Take him to the stocks bind him with every change you can find.' Catelyn demanded

'A real Lady she is,' Jamie said as they dragged him away

'And gag him!' she shouted

++

'They have my son.' Tywin declared.

'The stark boy appears to be less green than we hoped,' Tyrion said

'I've heard his wolf killed nearly a dozen men and as many horses.'

'Is it true about status of Renly Baratheon?'

'Yes the Bratheon brothers have taken up against us, Jaime captured, his armies scattered it's a catastrophe perhaps we should sue for peace?' Tyrion threw his glass to the ground.

'There's your peace,' he said looking at the broken glass. 'Joffrey made sure of that when he decided to remove Ned starks head, you'll have an easier time drinking from that cup then you will bringing Robb stark to the table now that he's winning in case you hadn't noticed.' Tyrion added.

'I'm told we still have his sisters-'

'The first order of business is ransoming ser Jaime-'

'The truth is we can't afford to look weak we should march at once!'

'No we should return to Castlerly rock to raise-' the men shouted out ideas. None of which Tywin was too fond with.

'They have my son,' Tywin yelled 'get out! All of you!' he waited as they left. 'Not you,' he told Tyrion. Again tyrion reached for the wine this time his father poured for him. 'You were right about eddard stark.' Tywin said calmly. 'If he were alive we could've used him to broker a peace with Winterfell and Riverrun which would have given us more time to deal with Roberts brothers but now... Madness. Madness and stupidity. I always thought you were stunted fool,' he admitted 'perhaps I was wrong'

'Half wrong' Tryion told him 'I'm new to strategy but unless we want to be surrounded by three armies it appears we can't stay here.'

'No one will stay here' Tywin told him 'ser Gregor will head out with 500 riders and set the river land on fire from gods eye to the red keep for the rest of us will regroup at harrenhal. You will go to Kings Landing' tywin informed him.

'And do what?' Tyrion questioned.

'Rule. you will serve as hand of the King in my stead you'll bring that boy king to heel and his mother to if needs be and if it gets so much with treason from any of the rest Baelish Varys pycelle...'

'I don't think that's a good idea.' Tyrion told him.

'you will do as you are told. You will bring justice!' tywin demanded.

'Head, spikes, walls. I'm not my uncle.' Tyrion reminded his father.

'You are my son. One more thing you will not take that whore to court do you understand?' Tywin said as he left.

++

'Josie!' She leapt from her horse when she got to high garden. Willas was waiting for her. 'The guards saw you coming. Im so sorry josie.' Willas said wrapping his arms around her.

'There is going to be a trail I can't stay long-'

'Oh josie. You didn't hear'. Willas said not wanting to be the one to break the news.

'Hear what? I nearly killed my horse getting this far so quickly.' Josie informed him.

'King Joffrey... he executed Ned Stark.' Willas told her holding her face in his hands she stared up at him not registering what he said. 'Josie?' He questioned running a hand along her cheek. 'Josie?'

'No' she murmured 'no. No he can't. He can't be gone.' Tears filled her eyes as she stared unblinkingly up at Willas.

'I'm so sorry Josie.' Willas told her and with a blink tears fell down her cheeks. Her knees felt unsteady as she collapsed into willas a sob escaped her lips as he held onto her pressing a kiss to her forehead running his hands along her spine and through her hair. 'I'm so sorry,' he repeated.

Josie cried until she fell asleep in willas arms that night. He had hoped that their first night together would have been more romantic but he was glad that he could be here for Josie. In any and all respects. Josie knew she should ride to kings landing but she couldn't find the strength to get up. She lay in willas bed mentally and physically exhausted. He brought her food and water which she picked at but couldn't stomach it. She kept thinking of her father and then she thought of sansa and arya and thought herself so foolish as to have wasted a day mopping miserably when her sisters were still at kings landing under the queen regent and the new king joffreys thumb. She pulled herself from bed but collapsed to the floor.

'Josie-'

'I h-have to get to k-kings landing,' she stuttered out pulling herself up. 'I have to save my sisters.' Willas offered her a hand

'Not like this,' he told her. Wiping away her tears.

'I can't stay. Not while they are probably prisoners in the castle now that my father is gone.' Josie told him. 'I wish things were different.' She told him 'but I have to go.'

'It is not safe for Starks right now,' Willas told her. 'Especially not in at the capitol. You are safe here.'

'I'm not a Stark. I'm a Snow.' She corrected.

'Go tomorrow you have already lost too much light. Rest and eat. I will give you one of my fastest horses as well.' Willas offered, Josie peered out the window, the light was fading already, he was right.

'Thank you.'

'Rest,' willas told her kissing her head. 'You have the fire of a dragon within you Josie Snow'. Willas informed her as she slept restlessly wrapping in his arms. He was glad to see her time spent in dorne didn't sway her away from him. That her time spent with Oberyn didn't change how she felt but she was still going to leave him.