76. Bells

The church bells rang out as Cersei ascended the stairs to the sept, Margaery was first in line to pay her respects.

'Your grace we are honored by your presence the mourners are waiting-'

'And they will keep waiting I want a moment alone with him.'

'But many of these lords and ladies have travel day and night-' but Cersei kept going 'to be here from all seven kingdoms.'

'They will wait he is my father.' Cersei told him they open the door Jaime was already they're staring down at their father she cried as she touched her father's face

'He never wanted you to be the kings guard yet here you are protecting his dead body.' Cersei spat at Jaime

'What he built is ours now.' Jamie reminded her 'he built it for us he meant it for us they are going to try and take away all of it.'

'They?'

'Them all of them out there they want to take it from us and as soon as they see he is dead as soon as they see the stones on his eyes.' Jaime told her. 'They're going to tear us apart.' Jamie said

'They didn't do it the man who murdered our father did that.' Cersei reminded him 'he is the enemy I've been after Tyrion for years and you've been defending him for years.'

'That is exactly what they want-' Jaime told her.

'And now our father is dead and that little monster is somewhere drawing breath did you set him free?' cersei questioned.

'At least he killed our father on purpose but you Jaime you killed him on mistake with your stupidity! you are a man of action aren't you? when it occurs to you to do some thing you do it. never mind the consequences take a look look at the consequences here they are.' Cersei told him.

'He loved you more than anyone in this world Jaime.' Cersei reminded him. 'Jamie you were the favorite and now look what you've done.' Cersei kissed Tywin's head before leaving.

++

'Your grace I would not claim to have known him as such but just being in his presence with us is enough to know just how formidable person you're dealing with a force to be reckoned with,' Loras told Cersei

'Thank you so much for your kind words,' she said bitterly as she watched Margaery dote over her son from a far.

++

Serpent with a lion pendant necklace hanging from its fangs. Jaime touched it gently pulling the necklace free.

'There are only two liked in the world the one I'm wearing the one I gave to Marcella.'

'It's a threat?' Jaime said taking the necklace from the snakes fangs

'Of course it's a threat our daughter is alone and in Dorne surrounded by people that hate our family it is a threat!' Cersei spat.

'No note?' Jaime questioned

'They blame us for the death of oberyn and his sister and every other tragedy that has the fallen the cursed country I will burn the city to the ground if they touch her!' Cersei shouted

'Not so loud.' Jaime told her.

'Why? Marcella is in danger and you're worried I'm speaking too loudly!' Cersei asked incredulously

'They cannot know that she is our daughter.' Jaime reminded her.

'Then don't call her your daughter you've never been a father to her.' Cersei told him sternly.