34. Priority

'You had no right to execute him!' Cersei shouted, 'I am the queen!'

'Queen regent,' Tyrion corrected. 'I am the kings hand-' tyrion reminded her.

'You are serving as the king's hand till father gets here I am the queen regent.' Cersei spat

'Listen to me queen regent, it is for the best of the people do you hear me?' Tyrion told her.

'The people? Do you think I care?' Cersei spat.

'You might find it difficult to rule over millions who want your dead,' Tyrion told her 'half the city will starve when winter comes and the other half will come here to kill you. The gold plated thugs just gave them their rallying cry a king that slaughters babies... You don't even have the decency to deny it." Tyrion told her ashamed until he realized. 'It wasn't you who gave the order... was it?' Tyrion questioned seeing her wicked sneer falter. 'Joffrey didn't even tell you. Did he tell you? I imagine that would be even worse.' Tyrion added.

''He did what needed to be done. Do you want to be hand of the King? Do you want to rule? This is what it is? Lies, lying on a bed of weeds and ripping them out by the root one by one before the strangle you in your sleep.' Cersei informed him.

'I know he is the King,' tyrion said taking a step forward. 'but I think there's more to ruling than that.' Tyrion said calmly

'I do not care what you think! you've never taken it seriously, you haven't and Jaime hasn't, it's all fallen on me.' cersei said sitting down.

'As has Jaime... repeatedly according to Stannis Baratheon.' Tyrion said smugly

'You're funny... You've always been funny... But none of your jokes will ever match the first one will they? Do you remember? Back when you ripped my mother open on the way out of her and she bled to death.' Cersei told him venomously.

'She was my mother to.' Tyrion reminded her. Cersei had been holding this grudge for years. There was no diffusing the situation.

'Now she is gone for the sake of you. there's no bigger joke in the world than that,' she told him walking away.

+++

'Your grace'

'Lord Baelish' Margaery answered politely.

'All these tents look the same to me.' Petyr remarked 'would you be so kind.'

'It would be my pleasure I took me weeks to make my way around the camp. Twice I walked in on ladies of undress. the moment I learn which tent is mine we would move again.'

'Your tent not our tent? The king snores perhaps or simply prefer solitude? Pleasures of command no doubt for kings fighting for the thrown...' Petyr questioned smugly.

'I am not tutored in welfare but basic arithmetic favors the side with greater numbers.' Margaery told him.

'If a war were arithmetic the mathematicians would rule the world Your grace.' Petyr told her 'I did notice your brother entering his tent just now.'

'He is on the kings guard his place is to remain by the King side.' Margaery told him defensively but she forced a smile as they walked.

'And on the night of your wedding...' Petyr added 'who is by the Kings side then?'

'You seem quite interested in our marriage.' Margaery noted

'Your marriage is quite interesting,' Petyr told her 'not only to me but to the realm the marriage of a wealthy girl always breeds interest if nothing else.'

'You have never married have you?'

'I've been unlucky in my affections sadly.' Petyr told her.

'That is sad perhaps it's for the best the whole notion of marriage seems to confuse you so allow me to explain my husband is my King and my King is my husband. Here's your tent. Lord Baelish, good night.' she said walking away proudly.